Can I Control 9 Fans Instead of 6 With the Corsair Commander Pro by Using Fan Hubs?

CyberFern0
1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

restating the title

You can use regular splitters on the corsair commander if you want to group control more fans, just note the total amperage of all the fans so they don't exceed each header's max rating. 

Yes, but all the fans on that hub would run at the same speed. I did a similar thing in my case. I just ran the front fans and top fans on the same channel with splitters.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

10 hours ago, kagarium said:

Yes, but all the fans on that hub would run at the same speed. I did a similar thing in my case. I just ran the front fans and top fans on the same channel with splitters.

That's what I want. Will it work with Commander Pro?

10 hours ago, Himommies said:

So like your motherboard has 6 fan headers?

Yeah and Commander Pro can only control 6 fans.

11 hours ago, W-L said:

You can use regular splitters on the corsair commander if you want to group control more fans, just note the total amperage of all the fans so they don't exceed each header's max rating. 

I'm thinking I'll have 4 fans on 1 channel and 3 on another. I'll be using LL Series fans from Corsair. Will this not work?

3 hours ago, CyberFern0 said:

I'm thinking I'll have 4 fans on 1 channel and 3 on another. I'll be using LL Series fans from Corsair. Will this not work?

That will work, by using splitters you don’t get the option to individually control the fans but instead as a group. 

14 hours ago, kagarium said:

Commander Mini is software controlled hub. It uses Corsair Link to give individual control on headers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, W-L said:

That will work, by using splitters you don’t get the option to individually control the fans but instead as a group. 

No I mean amperage.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

No I mean amperage.

You will need to check for the max amperage that each channel or header is capable of, the standard on motherboards have commonly been 1Amp but that can vary as this is a controller. 

39 minutes ago, W-L said:

You will need to check for the max amperage that each channel or header is capable of, the standard on motherboards have commonly been 1Amp but that can vary as this is a controller. 

I just found a better z370 mobo. It has NINE fan headers. I think...

Now hopefully I don't need to worry about hubs for the power.

IMG_0050.PNG

IMG_0051.PNG

IMG_0052.PNG

13 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I just found a better z370 mobo. It has NINE fan headers. I think...

Now hopefully I don't need to worry about hubs for the power

Oh if your running it directly from the motherboard with 9 headers you can spread them out, if you do have a large array of (4 pin PWM) fans you want to group control a powered PWM hub would be ideal.

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh if your running it directly from the motherboard with 9 headers you can spread them out, if you do have a large array of (4 pin PWM) fans you want to group control a powered PWM hub would be ideal.

No, I want to group 4 fans together for a 480mm radiator, group 3 fans together for a 360mm radiator, and then have a front intake and a rear fan by themselves. I'm just worried 4 fans and 3 fans is too much for a header on the Commander Pro. You also have to plug the Commander Pro into the mobo right? That's another problem.

No, I want to group 4 fans together for a 480mm radiator, group 3 fans together for a 360mm radiator, and then have a front intake and a rear fan by themselves. I'm just worried 4 fans and 3 fans is too much for a header on the Commander Pro. You also have to plug the Commander Pro into the mobo right? That's another problem.

The commander pro interfaces only with USB and all the fan control is through Corsair link. If you get an Asus board though they have some of the best fan control options directly in the BIOS or through AI suite so I would just use the board itself instead. 

Just now, W-L said:

The commander pro interfaces only with USB and all the fan control is through Corsair link. If you get an Asus board though they have some of the best fan control options directly in the BIOS or through AI suite so I would just use the board itself instead. 

So you don't plug it in to the mobo? Yeah, but my pc will have a theme, so it's best to group them together as much as possible.

So you don't plug it in to the mobo? Yeah, but my pc will have a theme, so it's best to group them together as much as possible.

For the commander Pro not to the fan headers on the motherboard the USB is for communicating with the unit. You can get regular splitters and just place them on the headers as needed to make groups of fans. 

Just now, W-L said:

For the commander Pro not to the fan headers on the motherboard the USB is for communicating with the unit. You can get regular splitters and just place them on the headers as needed to make groups of fans. 

What USB?

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

What USB?

The commander pro wires up to the motherboard via an internal USB. 

Top cable, USB and sata power. 

Image result for commander pro

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

The commander pro wires up to the motherboard via an internal USB. 

Top cable, USB and sata power. 

Image result for commander pro

I understand. Where do I find the amperage of the fan headers on the Commander Pro?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

I'm hoping I can get 4 fans on 1 header.

It should be no problem with the Corsair LL fans, if your worries you can get a powered splitter as said, it only take a PWM control signal from the motherboard to vary the speed of the fans and all power requirements are provided by the PSU. 

http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter-sata.aspx

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It should be no problem with the Corsair LL fans, if your worries you can get a powered splitter as said, it only take a PWM control signal from the motherboard to vary the speed of the fans and all power requirements are provided by the PSU. 

If you say so, then I don't need 1. Thank you very much for your help.

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Do I absolutely need them?

7 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Do I absolutely need them?

If you want to group control the fans you will require a splitter or hub.