my pc doesnt read the hdd after installing windows

UrNsFace

so i had one 120gb ssd that had windows installed in it, i replaced it with 480gb ssd and had to install the windows again on the new ssd...

so i did and after that my pc just doesnt read the hdd i have, it only reads the ssd windows is installed on

even though i checked the bios and the hdd does appear there so its not completely dead or something .

(sata etc)  in place...

what do i do ? 

See if it is showing up in the Disk Manager.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Just now, bruny06 said:

See if it is showing up in the Disk Manager.

oh yea forgot to mention

as far as i know disk D should be like additional drive right ? 

so it doesnt show D at Disk Manager at all 

3 minutes ago, UrNsFace said:

oh yea forgot to mention

as far as i know disk D should be like additional drive right ? 

so it doesnt show D at Disk Manager at all 

That's really freaking weird. I feel like I'm missing something.

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Just now, bruny06 said:

That's really freaking weird. I feel like I'm missing something.

if the bios shows the hdd exists 

it means the hdd isnt dead right ? 

Just now, UrNsFace said:

if the bios shows the hdd exists 

it means the hdd isnt dead right ? 

If the BIOS reads the HDD, so should the operating system, in this case, Windows.

Any chance you can test it on a different machine?

Just now, bruny06 said:

Any chance you can test it on a different machine?

my case is so shitty its gona take ages untill i will be able to take it out 

i will try and see what i can in the software

i am not near the pc right now but it think i will try and reset the bios maybe that will help 

Are you familiar with diskpart?

Just now, bruny06 said:

Are you familiar with diskpart?

i had to do something with it before i installed windows 

convert the ssd to something ( i dont really know i just followed some guide on the internet) so i can install the windows on it 

i always forget to say things but i tried to get to that administor and convert the hdd maybe but i couldnt find the way

Just now, UrNsFace said:

i had to do something with it before i installed windows 

convert the ssd to something ( i dont really know i just followed some guide on the internet) so i can install the windows on it 

i always forget to say things but i tried to get to that administor and convert the hdd maybe but i couldnt find the way

Yeah, you probably had to format it to MBR. Just go on the command line, type "diskpart" without the quotation marks. A new cmd window should appear. On that window, type in "list disk" and hit enter. Let me know what shows up.

Just now, bruny06 said:

Yeah, you probably had to format it to MBR. Just go on the command line, type "diskpart" without the quotation marks. A new cmd window should appear. On that window, type in "list disk" and hit enter. Let me know what shows up.

ok i will do it tomorrow since i am not near it right now 

thank you for now and i will quote you if i managed or i have a question :)

19 hours ago, UrNsFace said:

ok i will do it tomorrow since i am not near it right now 

thank you for now and i will quote you if i managed or i have a question :)

disk 0 - foreign     (the hdd )

disk - 1 online (the new ssd)

8 minutes ago, UrNsFace said:

Are you saying the issue has been solved or it still continues?

35 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Are you saying the issue has been solved or it still continues?

that's what just written in diskpart

3 minutes ago, UrNsFace said:

that's what just written in diskpart

When building my PC, I had to dilly dally in the BIOS settings so that a secondary hard drive would show up while using windows. I also made sure to format the drive just a formality. 

Is the SSD you are trying to use going to be used as a secondary or primary drive?

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, bruny06 said:

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, UrNsFace said:

that is what written there man

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, bruny06 said:

help please man :(

1 hour ago, UrNsFace said:

help please man :(

Okay, Isn't "disk 0" the one that isn't showing up in explorer and disk manager?

7 hours ago, bruny06 said:

Okay, Isn't "disk 0" the one that isn't showing up in explorer and disk manager?

yes, gotta be, its 1tb like my hdd and no other hard drive is connected to my machine

13 hours ago, UrNsFace said:

yes, gotta be, its 1tb like my hdd and no other hard drive is connected to my machine

Do you have anything you don't want to lose in there?

In Windows Disk Manager, right click on the foreign disk and select, 'Import Foreign Disks.'

19 hours ago, bruny06 said:

Do you have anything you don't want to lose in there?

no not really

14 hours ago, johnukguy said:

In Windows Disk Manager, right click on the foreign disk and select, 'Import Foreign Disks.'

that worked ^^

thank you everyone for your help !!!!