Buying from Craigslist

2 minutes ago, Ekst4zy said:

How much is it anyways? $10 extra for test? is it even a good deal? 

80 bucks for 16gb. i will buy it $90 if he wants to go thru the hassle of testing it. not everyone have spare part laying around. but taking parts from ur current system to test an old one is possible, just a bit of work.

So yeah, not super cheap and i dont want to take the bullet of 80 bucks if it doesnt work.

9 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

80 bucks for 16gb. i will buy it $90 if he wants to go thru the hassle of testing it. not everyone have spare part laying around. but taking parts from ur current system to test an old one is possible, just a bit of work.

So yeah, not super cheap and i dont want to take the bullet of 80 bucks if it doesnt work.

that's for ddr3? cad or usd?

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

Ok, here’s an actual solution.... bring YOUR OWN pc  so YOU can test it..... lmao wth guys

16 hours ago, Ekst4zy said:

that's for ddr3? cad or usd?

ddr3 in CAD

1 minute ago, Devin92 said:

ddr3 in CAD

I was buying 16 (4x4) for 60-70. Idk man, this sounds like average offer to me. (but it also depends on your location and memory speed - I would pay 80-100 for 16gb 2400mhz)

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Ekst4zy said:

I was buying 16 (4x4) for 60-70. Idk man, this sounds like average offer to me. (but it also depends on your location and memory speed - I would pay 80-100 for 16gb 2400mhz)

yes its a average offer. so i dont wanna take the risk. if its a super cheap deal then, yeah taking the risk wont hurt. its the normal ddr3 1600.

Guyss guys guys, meet the guy at the library, bring your desktop, test it. If it boots pay the man.

1 minute ago, Shog said:

Guyss guys guys, meet the guy at the library, bring your desktop, test it. If it boots pay the man.

You're really gonna lug your entire computer to a library (and a monitor, just in case library staff get pissed off that you're messing with their monitors - FYI I'd kick you out if you disconnected a monitor from a computer), just for some used RAM that isn't even that good of a deal?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You're really gonna lug your entire computer to a library (and a monitor, just in case library staff get pissed off that you're messing with their monitors - FYI I'd kick you out if you disconnected a monitor from a computer), just for some used RAM that isn't even that good of a deal?

Yeah. No matter what the CL guy says he could just lie. Provide a false screenshot or an old one. If you're buying something test it. Have him meet you at your house if you want, I'd rather a public place. The question isn't whether it's a good deal it's how to make sure it's not a scam. Just bid from ebay.

Just now, Shog said:

Yeah. No matter what the CL guy says he could just lie. Provide a false screenshot or an old one. If you're buying something test it. Have him meet you at your house if you want, I'd rather a public place. The question isn't whether it's a good deal it's how to make sure it's not a scam. Just bid from ebay.

Oh sure I definitely believe you should test it before buying.

It's just that if the seller can't test it when you pick it up (for whatever reason), and the seller also isn't willing to meet you at your house so you can test it instead, it's simply not worth buying.

Having to lug your computer anywhere to test something is an automatic "nope" for me.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Shog said:

Or you know... Don't buy it. OP has 8gb already. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a bonus not a necessary purchase. 

Windows 10 Pro