iPhone X, Galaxy Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL?

iPhone X, Galaxy Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone is best?

2. 2. Which phone do you want?

Which smartphone do you want?

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

Trying out an iPhone 7+ for the next two weeks as I'm trying to upgrade from my unapologetically worthless Note 5 and loving it. I'll also be giving the Note 8 a spin mid-November as well before making my final decision based on integration and ease of use for veterinary work. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

15 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Trying out an iPhone 7+ for the next two weeks as I'm trying to upgrade from my unapologetically worthless Note 5 and loving it. I'll also be giving the Note 8 a spin mid-November as well before making my final decision based on integration and ease of use for veterinary work. 

iPhone won't be beaten for ease of use and general fluidity

1) You're asking the wrong person

2) I want none of them. I already own the Note8 and my sister is likely getting the 8+. Haven't played the 2 XL

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

12 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

iPhone won't be beaten for ease of use and general fluidity

Out of all the arguments that the dumest I've ever heard

24 minutes ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

While context is easily used to decode your cryptic text, I've seen gematria more easily deciphered without context. 

What were we talking about again? Oh, right! RAM master-race. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

I'm speaking from personal experience. I've used multiple android flagships and the latest iPhones over the last few months and the iPhone still hasn't been beaten in that regard. It falls behind in other areas but not that.

Also if you're going to bash an opinion please use proper grammar and spelling as well as having a counter argument for why you don't agree. It's spelled dumbest btw.. 

10 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I'm speaking from personal experience. I've used multiple android flagships and the latest iPhones over the last few months and the iPhone still hasn't been beaten in that regard. It falls behind in other areas but not that.

Also if you're going to bash an opinion please use proper grammar and spelling as well as having a counter argument for why you don't agree. It's spelled dumbest btw.. 

So you like iPhones because of iOS and that it's "easier to use"

12 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

So you like iPhones because of iOS and that it's "easier to use"

I like iOS because its more optimised and not a laggy piece of shit like all the android phones I've owned. It feels like a finished product, android phoes didn't

58 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I like iOS because its more optimised and not a laggy piece of shit like all the android phones I've owned. It feels like a finished product, android phoes didn't

Well you've used some pretty crappy phones because my Moto g5 plus a budget that I've had since February is still buttery smooth and I've been using a lancher so.

6 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

Well you've used some pretty crappy phones because my Moto g5 plus a budget that I've had since February is still buttery smooth and I've been using a lancher so.

HTC one m7, one max, note 4, s7, s7 edge, s8, s8+ all during the year they released. I've also used a nexus 6 and 6p but not as extensively. I'm just done with android, this 6s plus im using now is astronomically better than them all in my personal experience, it's just a more optimised phone with better app compatibility (I'm irish so a lot of irish apps get neglected on android. On iOS they're updated regularly). 

first question, it really depends on your opinion, but talking about specs/ raw power the iphone x is the fastest phone out right now.

ive got the iphone x and after about 12 hours of using it i honestly think its the best phone ive had. (ive had an s4, s6, used an s8 for about a week.)  

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

7 hours ago, scobie56 said:

first question, it really depends on your opinion, but talking about specs/ raw power the iphone x is the fastest phone out right now.

ive got the iphone x and after about 12 hours of using it i honestly think its the best phone ive had. (ive had an s4, s6, used an s8 for about a week.)  

Ive had note 5 and s4 for last 2-4 years and I really wanna try iOS, I tried the iphone X today and i instantly loved it while really not liking the v30 or pixel 2 xl and i really dislike the galaxies infinity displays. The only thing I will miss are google now cards and a calendar widget and data usage widget(idk how to find that on iOS and if its faster or not). If you could be a little more in depth with your experience so far, I would appreciate it.

5 hours ago, pcguyiguess said:

Ive had note 5 and s4 for last 2-4 years and I really wanna try iOS, I tried the iphone X today and i instantly loved it while really not liking the v30 or pixel 2 xl and i really dislike the galaxies infinity displays. The only thing I will miss are google now cards and a calendar widget and data usage widget(idk how to find that on iOS and if its faster or not). If you could be a little more in depth with your experience so far, I would appreciate it.

What is their to like about iOS and the iPhone X display is made by Samsung

12 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

Just because the display is made by Samsung doesn’t mean that it’s the same as the one in the s8

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-04 at 6:33 AM, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

just because the display was made by Samsung doesn't mean it's the same as the one in the s8, the iPhone x display even scored higher on display mate's test

"DisplayMate: iPhone X Has the 'Most Innovative and High Performance' Smartphone Display Ever Tested"