Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard Header

If this is too novice I'm sorry, but a bit curious here.

I built a new PC with a AIO, the corsair H100i V2.  I am running a Ryzen 7 1700X on a ASUS ROG Strix X370-F mother board.  

My question based on this is what makes the most sense to power  the AIO?  Attached is a screenshot of the headers for my motherboard. Header "B" is listed for the CPU_FAN, but header "C" is listed for the AIO_Pump.

The corsair AIO has one cable to go to the header on the MB and in the manual it says to connect to "CPU_FAN header".  Then it has two female connectors to go from the AIO to the the fans on the rad.  

My question is then to confirm that the CPU AIO header should go to the CPU fan header as it would with a standard air cooler and to confirm that I would not want this into the AIO pump header.  I guess my follow up question would be if that is correct then what use is the AIO_Pump header for?

Thanks,

Matt

MB Headers.PNG

corsair-cooling-hydro-series-h100i-v2-complete-watercooling-wase-290-56506-1.jpg

Yeah, put it in the CPU header, then set that to 100% in the BIOS. The AIO header provides 100% power all the time. It's there since not every AIO had a built in fan controller.

the reason it plugs into the CPU_FAN header on the MB is so that the BIOS doesn't freak out thinking the CPU fan is malfunctioning. Some BIOSs can turn monitoring of that header on and off so that more power demanding AIOs don't overload the FAN_CPU header and use the more robust AIO_PUMP header.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Yeah, put it in the CPU header, then set that to 100% in the BIOS. The AIO header provides 100% power all the time. It's there since not every AIO had a built in fan controller.

Let me elaborate on his explanation.   The AIO Header on that particular Motherboard is capable if higher amps (2 or 3A vs the typical 1A).. Both motherboard slots are PWN controllable.  Knightslugger was correct in that the reason Corsair tells you to do this is so the BIOS does not send out warnings about possible CPU Overheating problems. 

Use the AIO header and then use Asus FanXpert to tune it to the speeds that are tolerable to your own personal tastes. You can go into the BIOS and disable that CPU Fan header or disable the warning messages. Whichever you prefer.  

The pump on the H110v2 is not pwn controllable anyways.  Only the fans.

Thank you!

I know it is nothing mission critical or anything, just was more a curiosity.

Matt