Samsung Galaxy S8 Screen Protector

I have just purchased a samsung galaxy s8 and bought a glass screen protector to find it didnt stick properly and was very unresponsive, i was wondering; are plastic protectors better than glass and which screen protectors would anyone recommend, as a side note i dont want to be spending stupid amounts of money for a screen protector

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

Get a hard screen protector, maybe an acrylic one, or plastic, since it protects aganist cracks and scratches

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Glass or unprotected for the win.  I don't spend $1000 on my fancy screens to have to be looking at them through a shite peice of crappy plastic.  So what if the screen protector breaks, you can buy a new one.  And I'm pretty sure glass ones are better against impacts....

14 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

Glass or unprotected for the win.  I don't spend $1000 on my fancy screens to have to be looking at them through a shite peice of crappy plastic.  So what if the screen protector breaks, you can buy a new one.  And I'm pretty sure glass ones are better against impacts....

what screen protector do you have what company?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

Curved screens make screen protectors a bit of a nightmare, most companies don't do it right and even if it does fit case compatibility goes out the window

On 31-10-2017 at 2:21 PM, ArduinoBen said:

If you have a quality plastic one like the one from rhino shield, your screen will look fine (I dropped my phone on a corner of a chair and I only have one little dent in my screen protector and with a glass one I'd have to buy a new one)

And plastic scratches more easily than glass it's not that your whole screen looks mega ugly after 2 weeks of use

I have a plastic one on my Note8.

It wraps around the whole side to the back so cases are no issue.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1