Would the G933 use a soundcard?

SwiftXShadow

From what i read is that when a headset uses a USB then it does not use the computers sound card but uses its own. Now i know the G933 has usb and 3,5mm but the wireless is obviously only usb, so if used wireless will it not use the soundcard? is there a way to make it use it?

If you connect via USB, you will use the headsets soundcard (whether that be wireless USB or word USB) and via 3.5mm you will use your own soundcard in your PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

If you connect via USB, you will use the headsets soundcard (whether that be wireless USB or word USB) and via 3.5mm you will use your own soundcard in your PC.

so that pretty much means that no wireless headset or headphones will ever use a soundcard?

5 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

so that pretty much means that no wireless headset or headphones will ever use a soundcard?

Basically.

A soundcard converts digital signals to analog signals and a wireless headset wants it wireless signal to be transmitted digitally.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sennheiser had a wireless headset that used analog output but it was really bad on battery, had a lot of issues with interference, and was a pain to connect. Anything you find these days will have the DAC built into the headphones. 

I will advise against the G933. I had a pair and they were obnoxiously heavy, creaked to no end, and failed after about 8 months and it seems that's a quite common issue with them. 

2 minutes ago, kerradeph said:

Sennheiser had a wireless headset that used analog output but it was really bad on battery, had a lot of issues with interference, and was a pain to connect. Anything you find these days will have the DAC built into the headphones. 

I will advise against the G933. I had a pair and they were obnoxiously heavy, creaked to no end, and failed after about 8 months and it seems that's a quite common issue with them. 

failing after 8 months should mean warrenty and then u get a new free one. If they fail every 8 months that means infinite free pairs for life.

When i was younger, like 10 years ago or something i bought myself a cheap pair of 20€ headsets, they kept breaking every half a year and i got new ones for 5 years non stop because of that, think in the end i got like 10 or 11 new pairs in that 5 years. 
Then eventually i wanted betters ones and got the kraken pro but the small earcups strain my ears too much.

They reported it was user damage even though it was an electrical issue and there was no damage caused to the headset or wireless dongle by me. That's when I lost all interest in using anything else Logitech.