Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strix VS Dual

Murilo_A

I want to buy a 1060 6GB, but I don't know which one to choose. The STRIX has a higher clock, has RGB, better cooling and better overclocking,  but the Dual doesn't seen to have a big difference in gaming performance and it's about 15% cheaper. Oh, and I want to go with Asus because of the 2x hdmi ports.

6 minutes ago, Murilo_A said:

I want to buy a 1060 6GB, but I don't know which one to choose. The STRIX has a higher clock, has RGB, better cooling and better overclocking,  but the Dual doesn't seen to have a big difference in gaming performance and it's about 15% cheaper. Oh, and I want to go with Asus because of the 2x hdmi ports.

i have the amd versions of both coolers, and i can say the strix one is much quieter, the dual is on the loud side

I would say it depends on how you want/have airflow in your case, as the STRIX is a 3-fan open-air cooler: ~10% better cooling, would recommend having extra case fans; while the Turbo is a blower-style: taking air in from one fan and exhausting out the back, usually only used in SFF builds. Depends on the case you are putting it in and how much airflow you have.

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

i have the amd versions of both coolers, and i can say the strix one is much quieter, the dual is on the loud side

I'm a bit used to loud cards, my 760 looks like an airplane, but yeah, quieter would be better

2 minutes ago, CaseyMazur said:

I would say it depends on how you want/have airflow in your case, as the STRIX is a 3-fan open-air cooler: ~10% better cooling, would recommend having extra case fans; while the Turbo is a blower-style: taking air in from one fan and exhausting out the back, usually only used in SFF builds. Depends on the case you are putting it in and how much airflow you have.

I'm talking about the Dual, not the Turbo, also, I have a CM K280 with 2x 2000RPM fans (one in the front, one in the back)

Just now, Murilo_A said:

I'm talking about the Dual, not the Turbo, also, I have a CM K280 with 2x 2000RPM fans (one in the front, one in the back)

My bad; was looking into some information and probably got them mixed up. The STRIX will most likely give you better cooling performance, but take my advice with a grain of salt.