Custom RGB controller for Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 fans?

FullySharpened
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 hours ago, FullySharpened said:

So I've got my eyes on the Masterbox Lite 5 RGB that comes with 3 RGB fans. I have an Ivy Bridge era i5 3300 + Intel motherboard though so lighting it up through a motherboard header is out of question.

I noticed in a thread where @W-L replied that Cooler Master RGB fans basically have SMD5050 LEDs inside of them.

Theoretically, that should mean they have a standard LED strip pin-out and I can make a custom Arduino-based controller for this. Would I be right in making this assumption?There's no way I can get a Cooler Master branded controller in my country for less than $100 so I'm not looking for that as a solution. Thank you.

The fans should work with just a standard analog controller such as this but you can design a ardunino based controller for it if you would like software based control. 

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-Remote-Controller-Light/dp/B00AF5YOK2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509298496&sr=8-3

-Moved to Modding Section- 

So I've got my eyes on the Masterbox Lite 5 RGB that comes with 3 RGB fans. I have an Ivy Bridge era i5 3300 + Intel motherboard though so lighting it up through a motherboard header is out of question.

I noticed in a thread where @W-L replied that Cooler Master RGB fans basically have SMD5050 LEDs inside of them.

Theoretically, that should mean they have a standard LED strip pin-out and I can make a custom Arduino-based controller for this. Would I be right in making this assumption?

There's no way I can get a Cooler Master branded controller in my country for less than $100 so I'm not looking for that as a solution. Thank you.

2 hours ago, FullySharpened said:

Theoretically, that should mean they have a standard LED strip pin-out and I can make a custom Arduino-based controller for this. Would I be right in making this assumption?There's no way I can get a Cooler Master branded controller in my country for less than $100 so I'm not looking for that as a solution. Thank you.

The fans should work with just a standard analog controller such as this but you can design a ardunino based controller for it if you would like software based control. 

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-Remote-Controller-Light/dp/B00AF5YOK2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509298496&sr=8-3

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Thank you for the info! This sorta thing is perfect for me.