Is it Possible: Triple Monitor MacBook Pro 2012 Mid

Hello,

So I recently got a MacBook Pro 2012 Mid i5 13.3", I brought it as I want to develop IOS apps natively, I also wanted to see what the apple eco system is like. My MacBook has 2 USB ports and 1 thunderbolt 2 port, so I was thinking would I be able to use the 2 USB ports, with USB to VGA adapters and the do the same with thunderbolt but with a HDMI adapter to thunderbolt.

Thanks

Steven

I don't see why it wouldn't work, tho it would be annoying if it doesn't!

1 minute ago, bince said:

I don't see why it wouldn't work, tho it would be annoying if it doesn't!

Yes, I can't see why it shouldn't work. I was a little worried about not having any USB ports, but I might be able to find an adapter for my Thunderbolt what does HDMI, and USB ports as Thunderbolt 2 has 20Gbps through put, so there should be one out there.

Once I have received the adapters, I'll update this post. 

2 hours ago, Encrypt said:

Yes, I can't see why it shouldn't work. I was a little worried about not having any USB ports, but I might be able to find an adapter for my Thunderbolt what does HDMI, and USB ports as Thunderbolt 2 has 20Gbps through put, so there should be one out there.

Once I have received the adapters, I'll update this post. 

Alrighty! If it works I might try dual monitors w/ my MacBook Air 2010, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 2017, Nov 6

So finding compatible USB 3.0 to VGA/HDMI adapters has found to be very difficult, as there are plenty of adapters for the Windows out there, but for Mac there are practically none. I will further look into USB 3.0 adapters, as this is a requirement for me to be able to run three monitors. There is a USB to VGA adapter out there, it is made by Startech: Here, the only issue is that this is a lot of money for a simple adapter.

I have brought a TB to HDMI adapter, so one monitor down and two to go. Thunderbolt adapters have found to be easier to find. If Any of you guys out there know of an adapter for USB 3 to HDMI/VGA, please let me know.

Alternatively 

There is another way to run three monitors, by using an eGPU, using an eGPU would increase my USB ports, as I wouldn't need to use the USB ports for the three displays, and could just use the TB one port to run the GPU. I have recently found a guide, what uses an eGPU: Here

Sources

TB to HDMI adapter: Here