Etymotic MC3 or HD3?

IAR117

Which is best for the around about the same prices? Also, do they both come with foam tips, cos I don't like the look of the triple flanged ones and they seem to go way too far into my ears when I last used them

They need to go deep into your ears or else they are going to sound bad, you need to get them into the second bend of your ear, which is fairly deep and it will probably feel weird. 

As you can see then they are pretty similar, but if you are willing to go look used then it seems like you can get hf5 for 1/3rd of its lowest new price  also hf3 and hf5 is from my understanding the same,  except with the remote thing. output.thumb.png.4c79018d2c876be33206b13697878ec2.png

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

9 hours ago, Dackzy said:

They need to go deep into your ears or else they are going to sound bad, you need to get them into the second bend of your ear, which is fairly deep and it will probably feel weird. 

As you can see then they are pretty similar, but if you are willing to go look used then it seems like you can get hf5 for 1/3rd of its lowest new price  also hf3 and hf5 is from my understanding the same,  except with the remote thing. output.thumb.png.4c79018d2c876be33206b13697878ec2.png

Yep, apparently the 3s are the same just with the in line remote. I don't think the HF series is good for me because of having to change filters due to dust and earwax. Apparently the MKs or HDs are a lot easier to maintain. I'd go for the MKs then, they don't look so construction site-seque as the HDs. I'm not gonna go for used HFs anyway, cos I just don't like the idea of used earphones. Do the HFs sound a lot better than the MKs? It's for everyday usage on the train and on Spotify premium quality sound. TIA

8 hours ago, IAR117 said:

Yep, apparently the 3s are the same just with the in line remote. I don't think the HF series is good for me because of having to change filters due to dust and earwax. Apparently the MKs or HDs are a lot easier to maintain. I'd go for the MKs then, they don't look so construction site-seque as the HDs. I'm not gonna go for used HFs anyway, cos I just don't like the idea of used earphones. Do the HFs sound a lot better than the MKs? It's for everyday usage on the train and on Spotify premium quality sound. TIA

The HF has a smoother overall response and more detail, but that is kinda to be expected with the price gap between the two models and the MK5 seems to have a bit more upper mids and a bit more treble. The MK would also need to go really far into your ear, maybe not as far, not fully sure there, but further in than your average IEM. I wouldn't say that the maintenance of them is harder than any other IEM, keep your ears fairly clean and just take the tips off and clean them and see if there is something on the IEM itself. I would basically just pick the one your wallet likes the most. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

The HF has a smoother overall response and more detail, but that is kinda to be expected with the price gap between the two models and the MK5 seems to have a bit more upper mids and a bit more treble. The MK would also need to go really far into your ear, maybe not as far, not fully sure there, but further in than your average IEM. I wouldn't say that the maintenance of them is harder than any other IEM, keep your ears fairly clean and just take the tips off and clean them and see if there is something on the IEM itself. I would basically just pick the one your wallet likes the most. 

Probably the MK3s then. If high end and upper miss are better on the MKs then it's suit my music taste and wallet better. Thanks for the as usual high quality advice man, appreciate it :). I'll just wait for black Friday sales, may get something from there or some Sony in ears, (EX650AP) otherwise probably these