Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Phanteks Shift Sapphire RX580 80-85 thermal throttling

Fistdeep

Hi,

I'm new to this site and the whole self built PC thing.

After much research and thought I opted for the Phanteks shift case.

I'm running a Ryzen 1600x with a Deepcool Captain 120EX w/ stock fan on a Gigabyte ab350n gaming wifi mobo, 16gb Corsair 3200Mhz ram and a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8Gb. I am using the 140mm Phanteks premium fan (3 pin) on the top as an exhaust connected to 1 of the two 4 pin fan headers and off the 2nd 4 pin fan i have a fan hub with my deepcool pump, PWM 120mm deepcool fan for the rad and a 140mm 3 pin thermaltake fan attached as a secondary intake. 

I've been testing the system and ran standard fan profiles through it and my own customs which have worked fine, but I've recently played Rise of the tomb raider and had an issue with the GPU reaching 85 celsius resulting in thermal throttling and it sounding like a jet engine (I don't have many strenuous games on my system atm to test). I've also managed a stable -45mv underclock to reduce heat. I've removed the glass panels and ran Heaven benchmark to see it drop to about 65-70 celsius after 25-30 minutes of testing.

I can't figure out how to cool the GPU while the case is closed and get my intake & exhaust fans speeds up when my GPU temperature rises up this high to maintain a cool intake/exhaust, Speedfan only recognises my GPU fan and no others off my mobo (not sure if this is due to it being a fairly new mobo) and i currently have my 2 fan headers linked to CPU temp through smartfan5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've even considered getting an AIO adaptor + cooler for the GPU as the fan noise is crazy at max.

Thanks in advance

Specs:

Phanteks Shift mini ITX case

Ryzen 1600x

Deepcool 120EX captain AIO

Corsair vengeance 3200Mhz 2 x 8gb

Gigabyte AB350n gaming wifi mobo (running F5 bios)

Sapphire Nitro + RX580 8Gb

Silverstone SFX SX500 PSU