Should I sell my Pc to buy a good laptop?

Hey guys, so in my sig you can see my specs. Originally I was gonna save up and get the acer aspire e15 with an i3. Now that I think about it would it be worth it to buy a better laptop with a 1050/ti or 1060 and sell my desktop? I'm requently running around and gaming on the go is awesome. I dont need to sell my monitor because Id use that for in home gaming. Is there a good laptop with 1050ti or 1060 that dosent look too gamery?

If you're not gonna be using it much, I'd sell it and buy a laptop. Or you could save money and buy a laptop and keep the desktop around for sentimental reasons(I decided to keep my desktop around for that reason, it was the first PC I ever built).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you're not gonna be using it much, I'd sell it and buy a laptop. Or you could save money and buy a laptop and keep the desktop around for sentimental reasons(I decided to keep my desktop around for that reason, it was the first PC I ever built).

it is my first pc, but i dont see the point in keeping it, if i get a laptop 1050ti then I can easily play all of my games and if i want a better gpu i can go the external route

1 minute ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

it is my first pc, but i dont see the point in keeping it, if i get a laptop 1050ti then I can easily play all of my games and if i want a better gpu i can go the external route

If/when you have kids, keep it around and tell them you built this PC when you were their age.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

If/when you have kids, keep it around and tell them you built this PC when you were their age.

im 14 and still need to go to college, a whole tower pc case is kinda hard to lug around. I might keep a stick of ram or something

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

im 14 and still need to go to college, a whole tower pc case is kinda hard to lug around. I might keep a stick of ram or something

Will your parents keep it for you? I do understand the struggle of having to carry around a whole PC.

If there's really no way you can keep it, then definitely sell it

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

right now this is my best choice it looks great and it has a 1050

https://www.amazon.com/M580VD-EB54-VivoBook-i5-7300HQ-backlit-keyboard/dp/B072C7TNBZ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509244197&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming+laptop+1050

Will your parents keep it for you? I do understand the struggle of having to carry around a whole PC.

If there's really no way you can keep it, then definitely sell it

i dont feel that much sentiment for it. I might keep the gpu or cpu if i can, maybe revitalise it for a family pc down the road. Anyways this laptop will be the best option

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

i dont feel that much sentiment for it. I might keep the gpu or cpu if i can, maybe revitalise it for a family pc down the road. Anyways this laptop will be the best option

Then by all means, go for it!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Then by all means, go for it!

do you have any knowldege of how the laptop 1050 performs? my 1060 is only really saturated in PCars and ROTR but i dont play those much ( mostly dirtybomb csgo and minecraft, I know minecraft)

2 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

do you have any knowldege of how the laptop 1050 performs? my 1060 is only really saturated in PCars and ROTR but i dont play those much ( mostly dirtybomb csgo and minecraft, I know minecraft)

If it's the Max-Q 1050, then there isn't gonna be much of a difference if any between the desktop version.

If it's the Max-Q 1050, then there isn't gonna be much of a difference if any between the desktop version.

and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB dont think it is

and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB dont think it is

It's got a Kaby Lake CPU, chances are it is. Even without being a Max-Q 1050, it's still pretty comparable to the desktop version.

Unlike the older Maxwell-based Nvidia GPUs....

It's got a Kaby Lake CPU, chances are it is. Even without being a Max-Q 1050, it's still pretty comparable to the desktop version.

Unlike the older Maxwell-based Nvidia GPUs....

lmao, overall i think it looks great and i could prolly get it

lmao, overall i think it looks great and i could prolly get it

Good luck!