Parts for gaming PC build

I am looking to build a gaming pc to play GTA5 at 40-60 FPS.

I have found a deal for 2x Nvidia GeForce Fermi GTX 550 Ti 1GB cards for 80 bucks.

The Nvidia website says that these cards are SLI capable.

What kind of motherboard should I get? The CPU I want to use is a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (Socket 775)

Also, what power supply should I use?

I have no experience with SLI whatsoever and any advice would be helpful.

What I have decided on so far:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (Socket 775)

2x Nvidia GeForce Fermi GTX 550 Ti 1GB

DDR3 4GB 1600MHz RAM

Thermaltake H15 Versa

WD 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD

i suggest getting an used i7-4770 or i5-4590

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

for newer games, you'll need to run more than 4gb of ram. Someone else earlier today just posted an issue with GTA V maxing out his 4gb of RAM and bogging down severely. 8GB should be a safe zone. Also, your CPU's stock clock speeds are a bit on the low side, and will most likely be a bottleneck for those 2 GPU's. Are you planning to OC? For an example, I had an old Q6700 running 6GB DDR2, and used a 650 TI and it sometimes bottlenecked my GPU depending on what i was doing, ran VERY close to the limits of that 6GB of RAM, but my CPU was not overclocked and ran stock 2.66GHz. This was also a few years back and i wasnt trying to play newer games like GTA V. If your gonna try and make it work, i suggest getting an aftermarket cooler and overclocking as far as you can stably to relieve any kind of bottleneck, However i would advise not purchasing an old platform like this for playing newer games as it may not work very well and i cannot guarantee it will work well =/ 

what budget are we working with here? if you get an LGA775 board at least swap in a Xeon and overclock. Fermi i wouldent go for, see if you cant get a 680 for cheap, i have seen sevral go for €50

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ok then, so I have found parts online on eBay and Craigslist. What do you think?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Asus P5K-E

VIVO ATX Mid Tower Economy Computer Gaming PC Case

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze PSU

6GB DDR2 RAM

500GB WD HDD + 128GB SAMSUNG SSD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 GPU