Can I use a canon D90 lens on a 60D

I currently have a Nikon D90 (yes, I am aware that it's an old camera) and the Nikkor 18 - 140mm lens with DX and VR. The camera's not that good for video so I wanted to get something like a Canon EOS 60D and since it was good for Brandon it should be good for me too. So my question is: Can I use my Nikkor 18 -140mm lens for the Nikon d90 on a canon eos 60d?

By the way, here's a picture of the lens! DSC_8381.thumb.JPG.786208097a391c86643ebed6efd0e89f.JPG

(It's not the greatest but it;s the only one that shows the name)

And just so you know, I'm just getting into this stuff so don't judge me xD

Check out this video, he explains a lot of the reasons why a lens may or may not work on a different body, and what (if anything) you can do about it.

Capture.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Short answer, yes with the help

of an adapter (I belive there exists dapters for Nikon F to Canon EF but I’m not sure)

However I would not reccomend you to. You would loose all electric controls like AF and aparture control. Basically it would really not be ideal and the best way to go is to get a new lens for the Canon instead or buy a Nikon camera where the lens would work as it should. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

32 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

I currently have a canon D90 (yes, I am aware that it's an old camera) and the Nikkor 18 - 140mm lens with DX and VR. The camera's not that good for video so I wanted to get something like a Canon EOS 60D and since it was good for Brandon it should be good for me too. So my question is: Can I use my Nikkor 18 -140mm lens for the canon d90 on a canon eos 60d?

By the way, here's a picture of the lens! DSC_8381.thumb.JPG.786208097a391c86643ebed6efd0e89f.JPG

(It's not the greatest but it;s the only one that shows the name)

And just so you know, I'm just getting into this stuff so don't judge me xD

You mean a Nikon D90.  Canon never made a DSLR called a D90.

And yes, a Nikon lens to Canon body adapter exists but everything would be manual since there isn’t a smart adapter. So no, it wouldn’t be a good idea.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

21 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

You mean a Nikon D90.  Canon never made a DSLR called a D90.

And yes, a Nikon lens to Canon body adapter exists but everything would be manual since there isn’t a smart adapter. So no, it wouldn’t be a good idea.

I corrected it, made a dumb mistake for some reason

Just sell it and get the Canon glass or get a nikon camera, even if you were willing to manually use the lens, which also means shooting at the widest aperture at all times probably, you'd need to get an adapter that introduces another element of that sort between the sensor and the lens to compensate for the flange distance difference, which will mean you are probably going to be significantly reducing your optical quality quite a lot. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

21 hours ago, cc143 said:

Just sell it and get the Canon glass or get a nikon camera, even if you were willing to manually use the lens, which also means shooting at the widest aperture at all times probably, you'd need to get an adapter that introduces another element of that sort between the sensor and the lens to compensate for the flange distance difference, which will mean you are probably going to be significantly reducing your optical quality quite a lot. 

Nikon F-mount flange distance is 2.5 mm longer than Canon EOS, so the adapter will not need any optical elements.  But 2.5mm is very thin and while there are some lens mount adapters that let you manually adjust the aperture iris obviously you can't really determine whether the lens is at f/4 or f/5 or something else.  It will just be either open to the widest, closed to the narrowest or somewhere in between.

But yes, there's really no point in using a Nikon lens on a Canon body unless those are very good or high end or special lens that you will have difficultly replacing with a Canon counterpart.  Or just stick to Nikon since they have improved video quality in their cameras (the D90 was the first DSLR with video and it was absolutely shit compared to what you find today).

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins