Best budget Photography hobby for starter

fos1x

Finding a Good compact cheap Mirrorless Camera, and blow the rest into lenses in a 1000$ budget! the lower it get the better!
I need a macro lens. a Wide angle for scenery and city photo with good low light support, and a portrait prime camera lens! all is compact needed

I would say something like a used gx7 or em10mk2 with a rokinon/samyang wide angle or sigma wide angle, and a oly 60mm macro sometimes you can get under $400. my friend got the whole setup brand new for under $800 USD when they came out not long ago, so it really depends. Tho I would say using M4/3 is not the best in too low light

I’d get a used Sony a6000 the samyang 12mm f/2 and a sigma 30 1.4. If you can find these used you will go under 1000USD I think. 

Two other very good lenses are the Sigma 19mm f2.8 and 60mm 2.8 (the 60 is amazing especially when it costs 200 new and can easily be found used for 100). Couple these with the a6000 and you got a compact kit that performs very well. 

I did not include any true macro lens as that will never fit into the budget. Macros are sadly pretty expensive, so I’d save up more and get one later on. As if you mainly do portraits and landscape you won’t need a macro often. 

Why I reccommend the a6000 is because it is cheap and performs very well. It has good ISO capabilities and the raw files are really great to work with imo. The Eye AF function is amazing for portraits and you basically got everything else you would need. I think this is the best option that doesn’t cost much as it has way better AF than its m4/3 counterparts and mainly it got a larger sensor. And Fujis offering in the low price range is pretty limited and the used market is still too small to find much. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Canon 750d with a 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS a 50mm f/1.8 and a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro. You should be able to get all of this for under $1000 in the used market. 

Alternatively, for something more compact, a fuji xt10 with a 35mm f/2, 14mm f/2.8 and 60mm f/2.4. 

The sony equipment recommended above should also do the trick. I would go for a wideangle zoom for landscape shooting though over a prime (there are exceptions of course). 

The sigma 60mm should work as a portrait lens and you should be able to get extension tubes to use it as a macro too. 

I assume you have other accessories necessary for the sort of shoots you are talking about? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

7 hours ago, cc143 said:

Canon 750d with a 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS a 50mm f/1.8 and a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro. You should be able to get all of this for under $1000 in the used market. 

Alternatively, for something more compact, a fuji xt10 with a 35mm f/2, 14mm f/2.8 and 60mm f/2.4. 

The sony equipment recommended above should also do the trick. I would go for a wideangle zoom for landscape shooting though over a prime (there are exceptions of course). 

The sigma 60mm should work as a portrait lens and you should be able to get extension tubes to use it as a macro too. 

I assume you have other accessories necessary for the sort of shoots you are talking about? 

The Canon is however not very small but it performs well. The fuji is way more expensive than 1000USD, at least here in Sweden. You’d get about the XT-10 and 1 lens. Maybe 2 if you find good deals used wich sadly is hard with fuji gear. (Barely any for sale) 

Agree about the Sigma 60 for portraits. Have used it myself for that and it works very well. If you want a wide angle zoom for versatility that is cool, but they are generally more expensive. So for a budget option you should probably stick to primes. (There is of course some cheap really crappy zooms but I would stay away from those) 

The new Sigma 16mm 1.4 DN could be an amazing wide angle option if you are willing to wait some weeks for it to start ship. The price will hopefully be around the same as the Sigma 30 1.4 DN at around 300USD. Will probably get this lens myself actually as it seems pretty awesome, if the price is what I’m guessing. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

43 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

The Canon is however not very small but it performs well. The fuji is way more expensive than 1000USD, at least here in Sweden. You’d get about the XT-10 and 1 lens. Maybe 2 if you find good deals used wich sadly is hard with fuji gear. (Barely any for sale) 

Agree about the Sigma 60 for portraits. Have used it myself for that and it works very well. If you want a wide angle zoom for versatility that is cool, but they are generally more expensive. So for a budget option you should probably stick to primes. (There is of course some cheap really crappy zooms but I would stay away from those) 

The new Sigma 16mm 1.4 DN could be an amazing wide angle option if you are willing to wait some weeks for it to start ship. The price will hopefully be around the same as the Sigma 30 1.4 DN at around 300USD. Will probably get this lens myself actually as it seems pretty awesome, if the price is what I’m guessing. 

Honestly while I can think of applications where a750d kit would indeed be too large, they are scarce, lets be honest, its not that big a camera. 

Here in the UK at least, and I would also expect in the US, an xt10 would be under £300 used, then a 35 f/2 would probably run in about £250 and the other 2 would be at a similar pricepoint as well. It really depends on the used market available and local pricing, the US is probably one of the best situated countries in both.  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/