Saudi arabia spends 500 billion dollars for a FULLY tech based city

Git gud

Link to article

"Robots may outnumber humans in a new pioneering city billed by Saudi Arabia as "a new blueprint for sustainable life", which would be entirely powered by renewable energy, and served by driverless vehicles and vertical farms."

"The city called Neom is to span an area of 26,500 square kilometres, stretching across the borders of northwest Saudi Arabia into Jordan and Egypt. It is designed to operate as an independent economic trade zone with its own laws, and is to become the first private business zone to span three countries."

Opinions: for a country looking to be a pioneer in everything for the future (vision 2030) Project Neom is merely a step to what the Saudis are looking forward to.

To people might say that Arabians are dumb, have you thought of that? If so, then why didn't you do it? The owner of Starbucks wasn't like (i want to make a coffee shop!) and appeared outta nowhere.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Maybe Saudi Arabia should work on other things, like women's rights and many other things?

No, I like it how it is.

Just now, EvilTidaLWaveZ said:

No, I like it how it is.

I'd take a guess as to who your main is, but I'd rather not get banned.

Hint: it's not the person you're attempting to impersonate.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd take a guess as to who your main is, but I'd rather not get banned.

Hint: it's not the person you're attempting to impersonate.

Yes, same guy I swear.

So, basically Saudi wants to be what Sledgehammer portrayed them becoming in Advanced Warfare.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Git gud said:

To people might say that Arabians are dumb, have you thought of that? If so, then why didn't you do it? The owner of Starbucks wasn't like (i want to make a coffee shop!) and appeared outta nowhere.

I think everybody came up with an idea like this at some point.

I for example had a task once for school where we needed to design our own utopia. To keep it short, there are always flaws and without money nothing will happen. Most ideas were sort of the same and matches roughly with the idea of neom.

Because money isn't an issue for arabs they can afford to just build the damn thing regardless of the possible flaws.

Anyway, it's going to be an interesting area for tech people, i guess you either love it or hate it... It has the potential to be a real-life version of watch_dogs with all the good and bad parts of it included. Honestly i really hope the city gets hacked and goes completely dark.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

32 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Maybe Saudi Arabia should work on other things, like women's rights and many other things?

Yes, they should.

There are some positive changes, happening, though.

https://www.rt.com/news/404687-saudi-women-decree-drive/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/24/i-will-return-saudi-arabia-moderate-islam-crown-prince

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

44 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well they allowed women to drive...

43 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Anyway, it's going to be an interesting area for tech people, i guess you either love it or hate it... It has the potential to be a real-life version of watch_dogs with all the good and bad parts of it included. Honestly i really hope the city gets hacked and goes completely dark.

But why?

6 minutes ago, Git gud said:

But why?

Some people want to see the world burn.  

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

That's dark AF

30 minutes ago, Git gud said:

But why?

Because it's difficult to execute properly and as we know 1 flaw is enough to do major damage.

Even when it's basically impossible to connect to it can still get infected (stuxnet for example) but a place that's connected with everything and every single thing can be utilized as an entry point to the network, don't see that going very well.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Could be interesting. Reminds me of Rapture a bit except it's not under water.

It's a smart move by them because oil won't last that much longer the way I see it and building self sustaining cities now makes sure that they won't end up holding only sand in the future, not to mention focus on science and technology which is the number one growth booster in this age.
Looking forward to seeing it.

lol robot has more rights then women in SA :P what a fckin backwards country full of rich pricks

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, Sampsy said:

"a new blueprint for sustainable life" built in the middle of the desert.

If it works in the desert it proves its sustainable under extreme conditions. Also deserts are a third of the earth's surface that is not water! http://education.seattlepi.com/percent-planet-desert-5203.html

It's a good way to put it to the test.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

I fail to see how that amount of money is going to make a city that's that large. That's not really a great deal of money. I think it's a pipe dream, if anything, and it's Saudi Arabia's attempt to stay relevant as their main source of income becomes more irrelevant. I don't see that amount of capital getting anywhere near their dream.

1 hour ago, Git gud said:

*slow clap* Because that's such an accomplishment...

28 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

This reflects badly on humanity

We have that much to spend and entire countries are still in poverty starving

It's their attempt to make sure their country doesn't follow suit. To be fair, money isn't really the end all answer for starving countries.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's illegal to be gay, still. Also illegal to dab (seriously).

That region has a long way to go. Even the woman thing took way too long.

They're still so fucking far behind, that's a minuscule right that should never have been prevented in the first place. The complete culture/government-encouraged abuse and neglect towards women and gay people is an unsightly zit on the face of the human race.

Saudi Arabia is a joke. A depressing, oil filled, joke.

33 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

That region has a long way to go. Even the woman thing took way too long.

And women still aren't even close to equals.

Ex/

• Male guardianship. What fucking moron thought that made any sense? It's ownership.
  • Namus. The whole fucking concept.
  • Everything about the Hijab is just wrong, and the result of an oppressive/repressive church being so intertwined with a government. It's still a law-defined dress code for women.
  • The whole ridiculous cultural concept of "female purity" and the separation of genders for basically any social events.
  • Men must swear for women in a court of law.
  • Requiring male written permission before being allowed to travel alone.
  • The testimony of one man equals one woman in a court.
  • Polygamy is legal but polyandry is definitely not.
  • Child marriage. Need I say anything more?
  • Rape victims can be punished along-side the rapist. "She provoked the attack by wearing revealing clothes, punish her too!

Hopefully the coming decades will be very kind to women and gay people there. I'm hoping they will see actual equality in the next 30 years. It might honestly get worse though, as Saudi Arabia falls into poverty when oil starts eventually going down the drain.

The ideal scenario is that this new city actually comes to fruition (although that budget isn't enough for what they're proposing) and in 50 years it's an important cultural and economic benchmark for the rest of the world with equal rights for everyone. But seeing how it is today, that just seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Cyberspirit said:

If it goes dark, would you be able to see it? But it would be a huge target for hacking groups, and I feel like security will be very very important to this idea... 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I still can't get over how they granted citizenship to a robot... I'm just not ready to think that way nor did I ever think this would be a thing...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1