where can I buy the iPhone X?

kenlizhijian
Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Nope. I did it through Verizon, so I just had to select the two lines, click continue, continue.....agree...CC....pay. 

Ah. I would imagine Apple's servers getting quite hammered.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Ah. I would imagine Apple's servers getting quite hammered.

Apple's website also seem very responsive. I don't think their site has really had issues during pre-orders since the 4s or so. 

I do however wonder how Verizon will manage to fuck up the delivery this time though. When I ordered my 6s+ I was told I had to order it with shipment to the address on file, but I spoke with numerous customer service reps who said they successfully changed the delivery address, and one who even told me it was being delivered to my apartment the day it was scheduled to be delivered (meanwhile, it was already on the truck for delivery --- 1000 miles away). This time, I want one delivered to one place and another to a different place. Hopefully they'll figure out how to do that this time. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Apple's website also seem very responsive. I don't think their site has really had issues during pre-orders since the 4s or so. 

I do however wonder how Verizon will manage to fuck up the delivery this time though. When I ordered my 6s+ I was told I had to order it with shipment to the address on file, but I spoke with numerous customer service reps who said they successfully changed the delivery address, and one who even told me it was being delivered to my apartment the day it was scheduled to be delivered (meanwhile, it was already on the truck for delivery --- 1000 miles away).

Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Trying to deal with CS reps has never been my forte.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Trying to deal with CS reps has never been my forte.

Verizon customer support is a special level of shit. 

I had a wonderful discussion with a Verizon rep the other day going over how badly Verizon was screwing me and how they don't give a shit about their customers. Unsurprisingly, it didn't get me anywhere, but still. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Yes, but they don't really have a bezel-less display. bezels on top/bottom of iPhone X are less than GS8

I would take the screen on the S8 over the iPhone X screen any day.