WiFi Connectivity and speed trouble

SnoozyFox

So my router (Asus RT-N12D1) is acting weird after I updated the firmware, connection sometimes disappears and speed dropped significantly as well, I mean from 50 Mb/s to 100-500 Kbps.

I tried installing previous version of firmware with no effect, rebooting and just "reinstalling" it made nothing.

It`s definitely not the ISP because my PC has wired connection and everything is fine there (btw wired connection comes from the troubled router)

If anybody has suggestions on how to get it back to life I would really appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Do all devices connected wirelessly experience slowness at the same time. 

Yep, all have same issues.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Wi-Fi speeds can be affected by the slowest device on the network. If you want to do a sanity check, test the Wi-Fi network with only one device connected to it.

Tried disconnecting everything, and then by one connecting phone and tablet with all issues remaining.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That's two devices. It needs to be one.

I meant, i connected phone everything is still bad, disconnected and tried the tablet with same outcome.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Have you tried factory resetting the router? Unless that's what you meant by "reinstalling"

No, i did not. Will do it now.

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Have you tried factory resetting the router? Unless that's what you meant by "reinstalling"

And it worked, Thank you!

ur probably just in a channel with interference, use a wifi analyzer to check that stuff

factory reset usually also changes channel but its better to manually select it ( doing proper diagnostics with a wifi analyzer )

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

ur probably just in a channel with interference, use a wifi analyzer to check that stuff

factory reset usually also changes channel but its better to manually select it

I`ve tried changing it yesterday and it worked at the beginning but today it went slow again, but for now factory reset worked.

38 minutes ago, SnoozyFox said:

I`ve tried changing it yesterday and it worked at the beginning but today it went slow again, but for now factory reset worked.

really sounds just like channel conflict, once again u just need to check around with a wifi analyzer ( u can just download an app on phone ) to see who is on what channel,  chnnel 1/6/11 is best for 2.4ghz    on 20mhz bandwidth

, 40mhz bandwidth 2,4ghz best channel is 3/11

and 5ghz bandwidth doesnt matter much coz there is so many channels

(◑‿◐)