Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Triple 1080p monitor which GPU?

Go to solution Solved by Leonius,
Just now, CoinDuckling369 said:

So you think GTX 1070 can do the job?

yes but to be safe the 1080 will definetely push more than 60 fps in alle games on high settings at that res

Hello LTT Community,

i bought a Ryzen 7 1700 and i want a triple monitor setup, 

i need a GPU to run the 3 1080p Monitors and i want to play GTA V on 5760x1080p 60fps

what GPU do i need?

GeForce GTX 1070/1080/1080TI or RX VEGA/RX 580 (CF)

or something else? I also want to make CAD drawings with the pc, if that matters.

Thanks,

~Sven

in case you are wondering which monitors: Iiyama XU2492HSU

What can you afford? Whats your budget. You should just get the most for your money.

If you can afford the 1080ti Go ahead and go for it.

By the way the bezels on that panel aren't that thin go for the S2415H its only 10 euros more but defiantly has smaller bezels. and should give you a better surround experience.

The 1080 Ti should be fine. Just don't make yourself sick by doing flips in the jet.

6 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Hello LTT Community,

i bought a Ryzen 7 1700 and i want a triple monitor setup, 

i need a GPU to run the 3 1080p Monitors and i want to play GTA V on 5760x1080p 60fps

what GPU do i need?

GeForce GTX 1070/1080/1080TI or RX VEGA/RX 580 (CF)

or something else? I also want to make CAD drawings with the pc, if that matters.

Thanks,

~Sven

in case you are wondering which monitors: Iiyama XU2492HSU

triple 1080p is still less than a single 4K display. The 1070 will already be able to cope with that quite nicely if you want consistently more than 60fps with good settings the 1080 will do fine.

Highly recommend an Ultrawide monitor. But if you insist in triple setup for that resolution at 60.... Get ready for a 1080Ti or a Titan. Less than that, won't reach 60 at that resolution. And SLI won't double your output, will only ease the pain for the card when the card already can move the thing. 

2 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Highly recommend an Ultrawide monitor. But if you insist in triple setup for that resolution at 60.... Get ready for a 1080Ti or a Titan. Less than that, won't reach 60 at that resolution. And SLI won't double your output, will only ease the pain for the card when the card already can move the thing. 

dude just think. 4K is about 4 times 1080p and a 1070 can handle 4K. triple 1080p isnt that hard to run any more... it used to be

Just now, Leonius said:

dude just think. 4K is about 4 times 1080p and 1070 can handle 4K. triple 1080p isnt that hard to run any more... it used to be

4 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

No, even a 1070 can handle triple 1080p monitors. But, I would suggest something like an ultrawide just to remove the bezels. But you can easily get away with a 1070 for triple 1080p

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

yes but to be safe the 1080 will definetely push more than 60 fps in alle games on high settings at that res

Just now, Moress said:

No, even a 1070 can handle triple 1080p monitors. But, I would suggest something like an ultrawide just to remove the bezels. But you can easily get away with a 1070 for triple 1080p

How much fps would it make? Bcause i take 3 (almost) borderless monitors

3 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Yes, a 1070 would work, a 1080 would be a safe bet though because 1070s are WAY overpriced right now (You can get a 1080 for ~$100 more than a 1070)

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Leonius said:

Ok so a 1080 would work?

We're missing two pieces of info actually OP. Settings and budget?

2 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Ok, I missread the resolution. Still big, but coinduckling is right on his point. 

ANYWAY, I still recomend a 1080ti and an Ultrawide if your thing is having the widest possible setup. Why?:

Because if you have the budget (and looks like it) and you enjoy this kinda geeky stuff (as I do myself) the 1080Ti will give you what you need. Even if you move to 4K resolutions :) So even when i missread, I keep my recomendation (only taking away the titan option, I just read other reslution xD sorry) 

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

We're missing two pieces of info actually OP. Settings and budget?

High settings (not maxed out) and budget is 1080ti max

3 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Ok, I missread the resolution. Still big, but coinduckling is right on his point. 

ANYWAY, I still recomend a 1080ti and an Ultrawide if your thing is having the widest possible setup. Why?:

Because if you have the budget (and looks like it) and you enjoy this kinda geeky stuff (as I do myself) the 1080Ti will give you what you need. Even if you move to 4K resolutions :) So even when i missread, I keep my recomendation (only taking away the titan option, I just read other reslution xD sorry) 

But a 1080 will be fine?

Do you use any mods? I mean if you're not budget limited, just get the Ti. I run GTA in triple sometimes and if you've got mods, it can make a big difference. Especially if you replace cars and whatnot.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Do you use any mods? I mean if you're not budget limited, just get the Ti. I run GTA in triple sometimes and if you've got mods, it can make a big difference. Especially if you replace cars and whatnot.

When i want to use Redux do you advice 1080TI?

1 minute ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

1080 will be good for that as long as you dont touch the advanced graphics settings in gta haha those thrown thins around