[HELP] Not sure if mobo problem or GPU one

I recently bought a Gigabyte's GTX 1050 ti to replace my GTX 630. Unfortunately when I inserted it on my PC it just showed 1 frame of grey screen with random colored pixel for half a second then there's no display. It never showed the BIOS or anything.

I looked up online and learned that I need to update my BIOS. Now the problem is that when I initiated the update the ME firmware failed so I had to look for it.

Later on I found the ME firmware update for my BIOS but it said "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I tried to find a solution for this minimum requirement but no luck. It's a dead end

NOW my question is...
1. Did I bought a faulty GPU card?
2. Do I need to buy a new Motherboard so that I can use my new GPU?
3. Do you guys know another solution?

My specs
Intel i7 3770
Intel Mobo DH77EB
12GB DDR3 Ram
1TB HDD
GTX 630

re plug the GPU card?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

oh yea forgot to mention that. I re plugged the old one and it's doing fine

5 minutes ago, Jamarcus said:

so the problem is solved?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yepp, everyone wants to buy a new 1050ti and use their old 630 anyway. CASE CLOSED EVERYONE WE CAN GO HOME

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Moress said:

Yepp, everyone wants to buy a new 1050ti and use their old 630 anyway. CASE CLOSED EVERYONE WE CAN GO HOME

loool, great job detector!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

13 minutes ago, Jamarcus said:

I would guess that the 1050ti is DOA, did you try using different connectors on the back, or just the one? Because one of your ports could be dead instead of the whole card. If the 630 is working fine I would just RMA the 1050ti

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

5 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

not really. I want to use my new GPU. Do I also need to buy a new mobo? and did I bought a faulty one so I can return it?

2 minutes ago, Jamarcus said:

not really. I want to use my new GPU. Do I also need to buy a new mobo? and did I bought a faulty one so I can return it?

why don't you try replugging the cable to the other slot?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

I know it probably not in your budget but if you are buying a new motherboard you're better of upgrading the whole system. I have never called gigabyte for support but I'm sure you can probably get a fast answer from them as to how to get your card running or help you return the gpu

1 minute ago, firecrafter711 said:

I know it probably not in your budget but if you are buying a new motherboard you're better of upgrading the whole system. I have never called gigabyte for support but I'm sure you can probably get a fast answer from them as to how to get your card running or help you return the gpu

agree, but you also can get E3 Xeons if there is a dedication

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :