I joined the dark side

I can proudly say I'm making the switch. Having not owned an apple product except for an iPod long long ago, I'm really sick of android's sluggishness and instability issues I get with my moto g. Having apps crash after using them for 15 minutes is annoying as hell, and having the phone go unresponsive when trying to do anything drives me insane. Reminds me of the dial up days where it was load a page, have a cigarette, repeat.

Also, having used a smartphone extensively, I can also tell myself that I really don't do anything on my android that I couldn't do with iOS. So sorry android, until you get your shit together my next phone is going to be an iPhone.

So as much as I'm not an apple fan, and their phones appear to be overpriced compared to android equivalents (spec wise, but specs don't tell the truth when it comes to apple vs android), I value reliability over customization.

2 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

I can proudly say I'm making the switch. Having not owned an apple product except for an iPod long long ago, I'm really sick of android's sluggishness and instability issues I get with my moto g. Having apps crash after using them for 15 minutes is annoying as hell, and having the phone go unresponsive when trying to do anything drives me insane. Reminds me of the dial up days where it was load a page, have a cigarette, repeat.

Also, having used a smartphone extensively, I can also tell myself that I really don't do anything on my android that I couldn't do with iOS. So sorry android, until you get your shit together my next phone is going to be an iPhone.

So as much as I'm not an apple fan, and their phones appear to be overpriced compared to android equivalents (spec wise, but specs don't tell the truth when it comes to apple vs android), I value reliability over customization.

Look at the s8, top of the line specs and at least in my experience a very laggy software experience.

The iPhone has 2 year old iPhone specs and hasn't hiccuped once. That in itself has me excited for the 8 plus/X, just seeing how much more powerful they are

9 hours ago, maizenblue said:

The IPhone 7 plus improves on the 6s plus in every way( except maybe the headphone jack thing). It has a significantly faster processor and GPU, a better display with increased brightness and color accuracy, a significantly better dual lens camera, an extra gig of ram, longer battery life, ip67 water resistance, a haptic feedback pressure sensitive home button, better speakers, a stronger and thinner alloy frame, no unsightly antenna band along the back, plus a matte black option that's become most peoples favorite color.

It basically addresses all the weaknesses of the 6s plus that could be addressed short of a complete redesign, without adding new weaknesses like the IPhone 8 plus which now has a scratch and shatter prone glass back.

Having said that, is it worth upgrading from a 6s plus? Probably not.

I used a 7 plus briefly, it didn't feel all that different (it looks nicer) so I couldn't make such an incremental upgrade. If I upgrade it'll be to the X

10 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Look at the s8, top of the line specs and at least in my experience a very laggy software experience.

The iPhone has 2 year old iPhone specs and hasn't hiccuped once. That in itself has me excited for the 8 plus/X, just seeing how much more powerful they are

Apple tends to keep a very tight ship as far as iOS goes. It wouldn't surprise me either if they are aggressive in ramping up clocks to keep the UI fluid and responsive. Apple has always prioritized user experience and responsiveness, even if some other aspect takes a hit such as battery life (during screen on, Standby life is excellent).

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I actually did the opposite a few weeks ago, went iPhone 6s to LG V30. From a non-power user perspective (I didn't jailbreak the 6s; using LG stock launcher on V30 etc.), I don't see much difference in terms of software. Both are screens of tiny app icons and I'm basically using the same apps as I did on iOS haha I do like the always on OLED (well the OLED in general), a rear fingerprint scanner, better DAC, and dual camera. So it is an upgrade on the hardware front for me. I didn't stick with Apple to get headphone jack, but with the way things are trending I'll probably need to go wireless on my next upgrade.

The only thing I miss is a properly functioning Apple Music app. It often hangs my V30. So I know keep a local library for when I'm fed up with Apple! I probably will switch to Play or Spotify once the remaining months of my Apple Music sub is up. Maybe. Apple Music seems to be the best for the type of music I tend to listen to, but Spotify seems close. Silly exclusive music contracts.