Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I joined the dark side

So today I traded my s8+ for an iPhone 6s+ (with cash) and I can finally see what I was missing out on. This 2 year old iPhone feels so much faster  and the OS is so much more fluid than my 6 month old s8+. I am officially sold on iOS and can't see myself going back. Notifications are dealt with pretty poorly and the screen isn't as vibrant (doesn't bother me my s8 was always on 1080p and 50% brightness) but other than those two things it does everything I need it to a lot better.

I don't understand the hate iOS gets and have to wonder if those people have actually used modern iPhones

Does anyone know how to add a numbers row to the keyboard? Even with gboard I can't find an option for it 

Gaming PC

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken Z73 w/ 3 ML120 Pro RGB fans / Motherboard - MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RM1000i / Storage - 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - GMMK with Gateron Browns / Mouse - Razer Viper Ultimate Misc - Elgato Stream Deck, Xbox One Controller

Audio

Gaming PC - Fidelio X2HR / Beyerdynamic DT990 / HyperX Cloud 2, SoundblasterX G6, Modmic Uni 

Phone - Apple Airpods Pro

Other Tech I use every day

Phone - iPhone 11 Pro Max / Wearables - Apple Watch Series 5 44mm Nike+ Ediion

I don't think iOS gets really any hate. The company behind it gets it.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

17 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I don't understand the hate iOS gets and have to wonder if those people have actually used modern iPhones

As always, it's that people just can't except that different people may be suited to different prices.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

23 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

So today I traded my s8+ for an iPhone 6s+ (with cash) and I can finally see what I was missing out on. This 2 year old iPhone feels so much faster  and the OS is so much more fluid than my 6 month old s8+. I am officially sold on iOS and can't see myself going back. Notifications are dealt with pretty poorly and the screen isn't as vibrant (doesn't bother me my s8 was always on 1080p and 50% brightness) but other than those two things it does everything I need it to a lot better.

Does anyone know how to add a numbers row to the keyboard? Even with gboard I can't find an option for it 

it is the best phone in 2015 (2015 Linus Awards) and yeah it is fast and doesn't got hot as boiled potato

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

it is the best phone in 2015 (2015 Linus Awards) and yeah it is fast and doesn't got hot as boiled potato

At the minute the only phone I would replace it with is the iPhone X for the nicer display. Other than that I'm very happy with it

Gaming PC

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken Z73 w/ 3 ML120 Pro RGB fans / Motherboard - MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RM1000i / Storage - 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - GMMK with Gateron Browns / Mouse - Razer Viper Ultimate Misc - Elgato Stream Deck, Xbox One Controller

Audio

Gaming PC - Fidelio X2HR / Beyerdynamic DT990 / HyperX Cloud 2, SoundblasterX G6, Modmic Uni 

2 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

At the minute the only phone I would replace it with is the iPhone X for the nicer display. Other than that I'm very happy with it

It is at a great balance between a snappy phone and a complete package (3.5mm jack we love you). Also congratulations as you got OIS feature in camera and a proper fingerprint sensor placing.

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

24 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I have owned an iPod Touch 3rd gen... iOS can be very good once you jailbreak it, it depends the type of user, I don't like the "Apple environment" so jail-breaking the device made it very pleasant for me... if that was an official alterative route it certainly would be well welcome to less "all and only" apple users.

But oh well I have never been into smartphones I have a cheap Asus ZenFone 3 with clean android install and that's already more than what I even use xD

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

12 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

It is at a great balance between a snappy phone and a complete package (3.5mm jack we love you). Also congratulations as you got OIS feature in camera and a proper fingerprint sensor placing.

I'm just happy that I'm free of samsung's bullshittery. The s8+ was only 3 weeks old and the lag was infuriating

Gaming PC

Audio

1 minute ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I'm just happy that I'm free of samsung's bullshittery. The s8+ was only 3 weeks old and the lag was infuriating

now who is BS? it turns out that Sams has picked the turn to BS

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

17 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

... that's my problem with most modern tech right now: bullshittery. and killing performance of a perfectly potent device as a result

i hate android phones with a passion but not because android but because samsung and all these asshats turned something that COULD have been great into a complete mess. 

i own a dumbphone because i don't want to deal with all the bullshit that android smart(ass) phones are plagued with. 

people have been losing their jobs over selling a customer a burger with onions when the customer told 'em not to put onions on it. 

but in the tech world we have to deal with companies selling computers and phones with preinstalled apps and other shit we clearly told 'em not to

- but nobody gets fired for that. no. they are only getting bigger

i wonder if iOS would give me less of this mess. never owned an iphone.

would a 5s be worth it to get back into smartphones ? i heard that's the oldest iphone to get the iOS 11 treatment but still holds up. 

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

... that's my problem with most modern tech right now: bullshittery. and killing performance of a perfectly potent device as a result

i hate android phones with a passion but not because android but because samsung and all these asshats turned something that COULD have been great into a complete mess. 

i own a dumbphone because i don't want to deal with all the bullshit that android smart(ass) phones are plagued with. 

people have been losing their jobs over selling a customer a burger with onions when the customer told 'em not to put onions on it. 

but in the tech world we have to deal with companies selling computers and phones with preinstalled apps and other shit we clearly told 'em not to

i wonder if iOS would give me less of this mess. never owned an iphone.

would a 5s be worth it to get back into smartphones ? i heard that's the oldest iphone to get the iOS 11 treatment but still holds up. 

I'd recommend the SE if you can find one, 6s internals in the 5's body

Gaming PC

Audio

Just now, Radioactive Snowman said:

really? but it would be hotter than 5s because my dad's 5s can warm your hands in heavy rain

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

the SE's used price is around 100 bucks more than the 5s ... i think i could not afford that

5 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

the SE's used price is around 100 bucks more than the 5s ... i think i could not afford that

yeah better off with used iPhone 6 or even the 6s

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

20 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yeah better off with used iPhone 6 or even the 6s

do they still have the clicky home button?

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

do they still have the clicky home button?

yeah even you can press with three methods at that phone

smooth

quick

responsive

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yeah even you can press with three methods at that phone

smooth

quick

responsive

like the dual stage button on a camera - tap to focus, push down fully to take picture ?

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

like the dual stage button on a camera - tap to focus, push down fully to take picture ?

yes, pretty much

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

I still hold the 6s to such high regard. Like it a lot better than the 6.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Station (Intel-powered Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i)

CPU: Intel Core i5 1135G7 | GPU: Intel Iris Xe 80CU | RAM: 16GB LPDDR4X-4267 | Storage: 512GB PCIe SSD | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Custom rom fixes lots of issues, albeit, itself work in itself to do in the first place. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

The IPhone 7 plus improves on the 6s plus in every way( except maybe the headphone jack thing). It has a significantly faster processor and GPU, a better display with increased brightness and color accuracy, a significantly better dual lens camera, an extra gig of ram, longer battery life, ip67 water resistance, a haptic feedback pressure sensitive home button, better speakers, a stronger and thinner alloy frame, no unsightly antenna band along the back, plus a matte black option that's become most peoples favorite color.

It basically addresses all the weaknesses of the 6s plus that could be addressed short of a complete redesign, without adding new weaknesses like the IPhone 8 plus which now has a scratch and shatter prone glass back.

Having said that, is it worth upgrading from a 6s plus? Probably not.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

10 hours ago, Senzelian said:

eeehhhh.... don't be so sure xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

yeah I was told the iphone screen is the best becase apple masterd LCD displays.

but my s7 looks a hell of alot better color wise. its the only thing i hate about my iphone 8, the iphone is more dark and gloomy even at 100% brightness compared the vibret screen of the s7 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

I don't understand anything good about iOS I think it's the worst peace of software ever made

Why I hate it

No customiseation 

No back button

No way to set default apps

Jailbreak is limited and dousnt work on 11

No gestures

No macros