Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hdmi no signal/ Stucked at bios screen

xiaoshiN
 Share

Hey guys, i am at my wits' end while writing this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

It all started awhile ago when my old gpu, r9 280x , stopped working. i switched over to using intel hd graphics 4000 temporarily. Recently i bought a new gpu gtx1050ti from Galax. However , when i plugged it in with my dual link dvi to my monitor i received a dvi no signal message. i then thought it was my cable that was faulty so i bought a hdmi to hdmi cable and tried again. it worked this time but i get stucked at the bios screen for about few minutes before i got the hdmi no signal message. I took out the cmos battery to see if everything was not faulty. My psu has 850w so it was definitely enough for a 1050ti. i tried multiple times but to no avail and it is really frustrating. 

The computer can turned on if i took out the 1050ti and used my motherboard instead . And i do not have any dvd drive to install the graphic drivers with the dvd provided so do i turn on the computer connected to the motherboard and install the drivers from the nvidia website instead?

Thanks in advance

IMG-20171025-WA0027.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if installing the drivers will actually fix the issue, but let's start from there.

If you want to install the drivers without your graphics card working you'll have to do the following:

  1. Disconnect your graphics card and boot with the help of your iGPU into your BIOS.
  2. Activate an option that allows your iGPU to run even if your graphics card is installed. (I dunno what it is called on your motherboard - something with iGPU blabla probably)
  3. Save the configuration and shut down your PC.
  4. Connect your graphics card again, but leave the HDMI cable plugged into your motherboard.
  5. Boot into Windows and install the latest NVidia drivers.
  6. Restart your computer, plug the HDMI cable into your graphics card and deactivate your iGPU if needed in your BIOS again.

Now everything should work fine.
If it doesn't, then we know at least that the driver wasn't an issue.

 

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

try getting into the bios and run your pci slot in legacy mode and make sure to disable the onboard graphics and use whatever the other option will be named. if that doesnt work and you get nothing after that, remove the battery from the board to get the onboard graphics working again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

I don't know if installing the drivers will actually fix the issue, but let's start from there.

If you want to install the drivers without your graphics card working you'll have to do the following:

  1. Disconnect your graphics card and boot with the help of your iGPU into your BIOS.
  2. Activate an option that allows your iGPU to run even if your graphics card is installed. (I dunno what it is called on your motherboard - something with iGPU blabla probably)
  3. Save the configuration and shut down your PC.
  4. Connect your graphics card again, but leave the HDMI cable plugged into your motherboard.
  5. Boot into Windows and install the latest NVidia drivers.
  6. Restart your computer, plug the HDMI cable into your graphics card and deactivate your iGPU if needed in your BIOS again.

Now everything should work fine.
If it doesn't, then we know at least that the driver wasn't an issue.

 

sorry what is the iGPU ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xiaoshiN said:

sorry what is the iGPU ?

The integrated GPU of your CPU.
Basically when plugging your HDMI cable into your motherboard you are using the integrated GPU of your CPU.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Senzelian said:

The integrated GPU of your CPU.
Basically when plugging your HDMI cable into your motherboard you are using the integrated GPU of your CPU.

is it the intel hd graphics?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, xiaoshiN said:

is it the intel hd graphics?

 

Yes, exactly.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

I don't know if installing the drivers will actually fix the issue, but let's start from there.

If you want to install the drivers without your graphics card working you'll have to do the following:

  1. Disconnect your graphics card and boot with the help of your iGPU into your BIOS.
  2. Activate an option that allows your iGPU to run even if your graphics card is installed. (I dunno what it is called on your motherboard - something with iGPU blabla probably)
  3. Save the configuration and shut down your PC.
  4. Connect your graphics card again, but leave the HDMI cable plugged into your motherboard.
  5. Boot into Windows and install the latest NVidia drivers.
  6. Restart your computer, plug the HDMI cable into your graphics card and deactivate your iGPU if needed in your BIOS again.

Now everything should work fine.
If it doesn't, then we know at least that the driver wasn't an issue.

 

how do i carry out step 2?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, xiaoshiN said:

how do i carry out step 2?

 

You obviously will have to get into your BIOS somehow and then search for the option I mentioned above.

I thought your display works as long as it runs on your iGPU?

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

You obviously will have to get into your BIOS somehow and then search for the option I mentioned above.

I thought your display works as long as it runs on your iGPU?

i don't go through the bios when i use my igpu i just go straight to the desktop after loading

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, xiaoshiN said:

i don't go through the bios when i use my igpu i just go straight to the desktop after loading

 

Even when your GTX 1050Ti is installed?

Usually when a graphics card is installed and you connect your display to your motherboard it shouldn't show a picture.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Even when your GTX 1050Ti is installed?

Usually when a graphics card is installed and you connect your display to your motherboard it shouldn't show a picture.

nope. i took out the gpu and got to the desktop with my igpu but did not go through the bios screen. anyway i did some searching online and ended up in the bios screen what do i do now i am quite paranoid that i would mess up

1508942307487158166667.jpg

Edited by xiaoshiN
here is the picture
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, xiaoshiN said:

nope. i took out the gpu and got to the desktop with my igpu but did not go through the bios screen. anyway i did some searching online and ended up in the bios screen what do i do now i am quite paranoid that i would mess up

Basically what I want to achieve is to get the GeForce GTX 1050Ti driver installed, which can only work if the graphics card is installed.
But since you don't get a picture when it is installed, we need to first enable an option that allows the PC to run both the graphics card aswell as the iGPU at the same time.

 

To enable this option you'll have to search a bit around in your BIOS.
Like I said, there should be an option that is called something along the lines of "iGPU Multi-Monitor", which you have to enable.

Then we can install the drivers of your graphics card, while using the Intel HD graphics chip to actually get a picture.

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Basically what I want to achieve is to get the GeForce GTX 1050Ti driver installed, which can only work if the graphics card is installed.
But since you don't get a picture when it is installed, we need to first enable an option that allows the PC to run both the graphics card aswell as the iGPU at the same time.

 

To enable this option you'll have to search a bit around in your BIOS.
Like I said, there should be an option that is called something along the lines of "iGPU Multi-Monitor", which you have to enable.

Then we can install the drivers of your graphics card, while using the Intel HD graphics chip to actually get a picture.

can't find what is stated but i switched my pci rom priority to legacy rom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, xiaoshiN said:

can't find what is stated but i switched my pci rom priority to legacy rom

In that case I can't help you :( 

05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0, 3.1 Gen1)

10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (USB 3.1 Gen2)

20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 

40Gb/s - USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

In that case I can't help you :( 

oh it's fine :) anyway i can boot up the computer with gpu installed but not plugged to the monitor but i can't install drivers because the hardware is not detected

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×