2DS teardown stripped screws

Hey guys, the screen of my 2DS broke lately and I decided to fix it myself by buying a 40 euro replacement (instead of paying some jackass 80+ :P) however, on the backside I'm down to just 3 screws, where they all seem stripped especially one in particular. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've already tried lubricating them a bit with oil, and also tried to use the 'rubber band' method but neither worked.

Are you sure they're stripped and not just a different screw type?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you sure they're stripped and not just a different screw type?

Alread ychecked the ifixit walktroough, and got another 7 screws no problem so I'm fairly certain yeah.

5 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Alread ychecked the ifixit walktroough, and got another 7 screws no problem so I'm fairly certain yeah.

Pictures?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Pretty crappy considering they're photos from my phone, but the single screw I focused in on seems to have been deformed too far.

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

yea you kind of totaled that screw.

if the rubber band method doesnt work and you have no tools for stripped screws you can try to drill out the screw.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

yea you kind of totaled that screw.

if the rubber band method doesnt work and you have no tools for stripped screws you can try to drill out the screw.

Yeah was thinking of doing that

You could try using a small Torx type screw. Create a little bigger hole for it to fit, and just screw it out. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

55 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Since you still have the wings there, just try use a larger sized phillips head screwdriver.

Been trying that, though the screws on the 2DS are really tight, I'll have another go at it later today.