5 long beeps on startup problem

Go to solution Solved by Stalker_PY,

it is solved guys, it was a bad memory after all, today i went to the place where i bought the memory and they tested with another memory (same type)  and it works perfectly now

so you know now, if you have 5 long beeps with your gigabyte motherboard it is problably the ram

thanks for all the answer

hello guys today I bought a new computer for my father because his old computer stopped working, and he uses his computer just for youtube and listend to music so i bought a pretty budget pc

This Ona:
Intel g4400 Dual-Core 3.30GHz
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2PH (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-S2PH-rev-10#ov)
Cucial ddr4 2133mhz
Satellite case with power supply included
I used the old hard drive

So I intalled al the parts and when i start the computer i have 5 long beeps and the pc turn off then turn on and again I have 5 long beeps again and simply repeats that process

I have to say that the motherboard came with 8pins-12v connectors for the cpu and the cheap power supply that came with the case only have 4pins-12v so i dont know if that is the problem, but i really doubted if it is that, because that cpu is only a dual core, I dont think it really needs that much power, but I dont really know so if im wrong you can correct me

Well in case that is not the problem, i searched on internet for this problem and the only i can find is that it is a cpu problem or the ram it is not well seated in the socket 

I taked out the cpu to see if there is some bent pins and there is definitly no bent pins

I reseated the ram like 4 times in all slots and either nothing

could someone help me please because at this point i runned out of ideas (the only think that is left is the psu, that i dont have another to tested)

pull the ram out entirely then start the machine , if it beeps the same the ram may not be compatible

It needs a 8 pin. ram don't cause 5 long beeps.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

It needs a 8 pin. ram don't cause 5 long beeps.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816

To add on, it doesn't seem like Gigabyte even uses 5 long beeps as a beep code. There is 5 short beeps, and that's real time clock malfunction.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816

To add on, it doesn't seem like Gigabyte even uses 5 long beeps as a beep code. There is 5 short beeps, and that's real time clock malfunction.

While each have their own type of beep codes. Almost all of them still continue to use the old school standard. Fauly ram will cause continuous short beeps. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, emosun said:

pull the ram out entirely then start the machine , if it beeps the same the ram may not be compatible

I looked in gigabyte page the supported memory ram and the "module pin" of my ram is CT4G4DFS8213.C8FDD2 and i dont see that one in the list but there is one that is pretty similar that is CT4G4DFS8213.C8FAR1

I dont know is it is that or those last numbers makes no difference

I also tried turning on without the memory and i have the same 5 long beeps

1 minute ago, Stalker_PY said:

I looked in gigabyte page the supported memory ram and the "module pin" of my ram is CT4G4DFS8213.C8FDD2 and i dont see that one in the list but there is one that is pretty similar that is CT4G4DFS8213.C8FAR1

I dont know is it is that or those last numbers makes no difference

are you going to pull the ram out entirely or not bother trying at all

1 minute ago, emosun said:

are you going to pull the ram out entirely or not bother trying at all

I just forget to put that, I tried and same thing 5 long beeps

troubleshooting is a waste of time until you get a proper power supply.

you need all 8 pins, end of story.  while true, it MIGHT not fix it, nothing else is even worth trying until you actually have the board properly powered

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

troubleshooting is a waste of time until you get a proper power supply.

you need all 8 pins, end of story.  while true, it MIGHT not fix it, nothing else is even worth trying until you actually have the board properly powered

well I'll try to get one of the psu from my other computer and try that way so I remove that possibility

and if someone wonder how are the beeps they are exactly like the one in this video

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

you need all 8 pins, end of story

you really don't , a 4pin in an 8pin socket will work outside of high end cpu's. it should be an 8pin on a higher end cpu but that 4400 will be fine.

10 minutes ago, Stalker_PY said:

I just forget to put that, I tried and same thing 5 long beeps

the ram may have a compatibility issue then

however , the integrated gpu on the cpu might be at fault as well. I have a seen a few boards that specify that sometimes the igpu isn't supported and you need to use a graphics card.

The one thing I would try , fire up the board with no cpu installed. In theory , without a cpu installed , the board will give NO beep code at all. If the cpu is compatible the board is then able to process that no ram is installed and will give your 5 beep code for no ram.

this should at least determin if the cpu is at fault or not.

Just now, emosun said:

you really don't , a 4pin in an 8pin socket will work outside of high end cpu's. it should be an 8pin on a higher end cpu but that 4400 will be fine.

im aware that it "works" as long as youve got a shitty cpu, and not overclocking

but its still out of spec. and if something doesnt work, and you know for a fact its not configured properly, then regardless of whether or not it "should work" the very first step should always be, get it properly in spec.

5 short beeps is usually a cpu issue. (i cant watch the video to see just how long they are)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

5 short beeps is usually a cpu issue. (i cant watch the video to see just how long they are)

they're real long , if that helps

if you flip an 8 pin board over , the 8 pins are all soldered together into 2 lines. Honestly it really SHOULD work with 4. The idea of 8 pins is to meet power ratings for the minimum wire gauge that might be plugged in but he should be fine.

it is solved guys, it was a bad memory after all, today i went to the place where i bought the memory and they tested with another memory (same type)  and it works perfectly now

so you know now, if you have 5 long beeps with your gigabyte motherboard it is problably the ram

thanks for all the answer

• 2 years later...

Glad to have found this thread!  This thread helped me resolve my 5 long beeps issue with my Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H M/B.

<< My Problem >>

5 long beeps followed by reboot, in a loop.  This occurs under the following setup:

- CUP + RAM (initially setup).

- CPU, No RAM

<< Resolution >>

ANS: Re-seated RAM

<< Conclusion >>

- 4 pin in an 8pin socket will work

- 5 beeps could be CPU or RAM issue

- Gigabyte DOES use 5 long beeps as a beep code - for CPU or RAM error