Ea tech support, rely on Forums to solve problems.

rentaspoon

I had a struggle running Mass Effect on Win 8, had been on the forums search for a fix and there was one official one saying you have to patch it didn't work as it wasn't installed apparently.

Spoke to a guy call Monte on their tech support (nice guy), went through the usual (admin rights, compatibility mode) no luck! He ended up sending a link to a forum post saying that the patch searches for the mass effect launcher which is how it finds the folder which is missing if you have an origin version.

After all that Mass Effect is now working but missing from my Origin list. While I'm glad its working its bad that they rely on having to download a file from other peoples dropbox rather than fixing a patch.

EA....'nuff said

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

EA is like the worst gaming company ever.... 

Still getting crashes in BF4 every 30 minutes....

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I just can't believe that EA has sunk to a new low, not only selling a game that doesn't work on the 2 biggest windows platform then having a patch not that's working and having a tech support that doesn't know how to fix it.

I remember when EA were good guy :-(

What do you expect?

There's this one fellow, I forgot his name but he does these modifications to games that have problems and improves it. Everyone uses these modifications that he does.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I expect them to run a games company if they want me to continue buying BF series

I had the exact same problem and found the solution you found. After it breaks your registration code I had to chat with an employee on the tech forum and it worked like a charm.

The woman was very patient while I was trying to figure out my security question and after I didn't know it she sent it to me via email.

I can understand the company though, why patch a game thats over 6 years old?

144Hz goodness

They dont have support because they dont want to deal with angry customers.

scumbag-ea_o_1236311.jpg

Ramsey approves

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

EA is like the worst gaming company ever.... 

Still getting crashes in BF4 every 30 minutes....

I still cant stay stable when the building falls in Shanghai!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I liked it more when DLC's actually came out a while after the game, but EA *sigh* day one dlc's for the games.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I can understand the company though, why patch a game thats over 6 years old?

Because they still sell it and don't say that its not compatible with win 8

If it is missing if your Origin list it means that you don't own that game or you might be saying that it is not installed? If you are saying its not showing in the list as installed, its fine as it will still run.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer