Scrapyard Wars Competition Suggestion

I apologize at the begining. I don't see a specific place in the forum to post this. I only see the recommendation for proposed Tech Quickie topics.

I really enjoy the Scrapyard Wars series. I've been hooked since I saw the first one several years ago, when I began really getting into tech. One of the things I really liked, and still like about the show, is the used parts market and the interactions with people.

I really like watching Linus and Luke haggle (As well as Jayz and the other guests), but I do feel like we are consistently seeing the same faces all of the time. I like when things get changed around, such as Season 4 with the Case Modding requirement. Guests on the show that we don't see all the time.

So with that out of the way, I really think Bryan from Tech Yes City would be really good competition for Linus. His show is geared around the used parts hunting, and he's got a lot of good information as well as super awesome people skills. I think he might be smoother than Linus as persuading people to sell at lower prices.

The heart of Scrapyard Wars is trying to find the best parts and the best prices, and I think Bryan would definitely have the advantage when it comes to negotiation and persuasion.

Again, after the past couple seasons, I think we've been seeing very similar competition, and I think fresh competition with other YouTuber personalities would be great. It doesn't always have to be LEET dollar amounts, or some weird RGB fetish to change things up. At the end, its the same people competing against the same people. Linus and Luke are great to watch, but I feel like its a lot of the same old. New personalities bring fresh ideas into the competition.

Bryan may not be a fan favorite, and I'm cool with that.. I still would like to see Linus and Bryan battle it out in good old Scrapyard Wars style.

I've been wanting to voice my thoughts on this, but had been looking for an official thread for these suggestions. If there is one and I'm super blind, please let me know and I'll take a look.

Again, I don't see a subforum for other series suggestions and ideas. If this is the wrong place, please move it to where it belongs. And if anyone else agrees or has other ideas, please share. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for your time.

"Best wishes, and warmest regards,"

Ryujin2003

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I do feel like we are consistently seeing the same faces all of the time. I like when things get changed around, such as Season 4 with the Case Modding requirement. Guests on the show that we don't see all the time.

7 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I really think Bryan from Tech Yes City would be really good competition for Linus.

At first I thought you were going to say pit two other you tubers against each other, which would have been interesting, but it seems you just want a specific guy to be on the show. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

While a case modding war would be cool to see. I'm not sure that would be really possible. Modding a case requires many tools and extra materials. What they could do is both parties have the same hardware to work with, but the catch is who can make a better/cooler looking case in (let's say 5 or 6 days). 

No, Scrapyard Wars Season 4, they brought in two professional Case Modders to work with Linus and Luke. These guys had great ideas and were very awesome. I'm not saying do it again, I was just using it as an example of fresh personalities on the show.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

At first I thought you were going to say pit two other you tubers against each other, which would have been interesting, but it seems you just want a specific guy to be on the show. 

Yes and yes. I think it would be a great opportunity for Linus to outreach and support the growing community outside of the mainstream guys that we see ALL the time. And if he were to do that, yes I would like to see Bryan on it. But I'm totally open to other personalities as well.

But yes, pit Linus against other YouTubers. Battle to the Death... Well. Not death. But you know.

Linus has grown a lot, and I think it would be awesome to see him reach out to the other YouTubers who are still growing, but aren't quite at LTT status yet.

Does it have to be Bryan from Tech Yes City? No absolutely not. But that's my immediate pick. I would love to hear other recommendations.

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

I stand corrected, and I do agree with you. There needs to be fresh faces introduced to the series, actually I wish there were new faces to the tech reviewing industry.

I agree. And I think LTT has a strong enough and large enough community that he can strengthen with the groups of other YouTubers. Networking is real, and I'm not just talking Cat6 either...

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

No, Scrapyard Wars Season 4, they brought in two professional Case Modders to work with Linus and Paul. These guys had great ideas and were very awesome. I'm not saying do it again, I was just using it as an example of fresh personalities on the show.

That's..... Not Paul. That's Luke :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's..... Not Paul. That's Luke :D 

Wow. Sorry, working on like 3 things at a time. Paul is a coworker. Damnit it. Fixing now.

I fixed my stuff. I'm still a turd.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Wow. Sorry, working on like 3 things at a time. Paul is a coworker. Damnit it. Fixing now.

I fixed my stuff. I'm still a turd.

I kept wondering why you were saying Paul, because there was a Paul on Season 5 (Paul's hardware)

I kept wondering why you were saying Paul, because there was a Paul on Season 5 (Paul's hardware)

Yes, they Paul's hardware, Hardware Canucks, and Jayz I think have been featured several times.

I can't multitask with a single tasked mind.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Yes, they Paul's hardware, Hardware Canucks, and Jayz I think have been featured several times.

I can't multitask with a single tasked mind.

Actually, only once. They might have been mentioned on the channel at one point or another, and occasional been guests on the WAN show, but thats it. Each Contestant (Austin from S3, Bob and Ron from S4, Paul and Kyle from S5, and now Jay and Dmitri from S6) have never participated previously, the only common ground was Linus and Luke

Personally, I find it quite boring when the point is to just hunt the best-performing parts within a given budget; this is visual media, video, but there's not really all that much of anything visually interesting to see. Case-modding, or building a completely custom case altogether from scratch and stuff like that works much better and, IMHO, makes for a much, much more interesting video; I wish they'd do more of that kind of content, with variations like e.g. only being given a limited set of tools to work with, or some exotic materials to work with, who can make the most obnoxious thing and such.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Actually, only once. They might have been mentioned on the channel at one point or another, and occasional been guests on the WAN show, but thats it. Each Contestant (Austin from S3, Bob and Ron from S4, Paul and Kyle from S5, and now Jay and Dmitri from S6) have never participated previously, the only common ground was Linus and Luke

Maybe I'm having flashbacks to the rest of the show. Jayz was a judge previously, contestant now. So I do apologize for getting my stuff a little mixed up. However, it still does seem like a lot of the same faces. Granted the whole Season 6 isn't out, but sometimes it feels very repetitive.

Actualy this is the first time for both:

- Season 1 and 2 was Linus vs Luke.

- Season 3 was Linus vs Luke vs Austin Evans

- Season 4 was Linus vs Luke with the help of Rob and Bob from BS Mods

- Season 5 was Linus AND Luke vs Paul and Kyle (Paul's Hardware & BitWit) though JayzTwoCents was the judge

- Season 6 is now Linus and Dimitri vs Luke and Jayz

^ Its been last 4 seasons where they had new faces. Maybe not new as in tech youtuber scene, but also not just Luke and Linus. Plus every season has theme. I think modding was brought up in some WAN show where concept was discussed. But Linus has also said that tech showdown is coming back, and that would be the one with modding.

So, you don't really bring up any ideas on what to change. New people and locations are obvious, but I imagine Linus wants guests to have some broader audience to gain fans over from other channels.Location wise its always difficult as Vancouver/Surrey area is slowly drying of usable used stuff. And going to US side costs much more for production (its cheaper to bring few guests to Canada for couple videos vs taking whole crew to US). Modding could be one thing to add. But they already have one category for creativity and presentation. While not directly modding, looks do matter. But imo theme needs to be something more than just modding. Thats already done. Top Gear didn't recreate their cheap car challenges either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

They need to choose 2 fans and the fans get to keep the pc after

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D