Underperforming 1070

Roman848

Hi,

So, i bought EVGA GTX 1070 SC2 ICX, and in Unigine Heaven i'm getting score 2272-2305 pts.

Everybody else on Overclocking forum of this GPU is getting like 2500+ scores.

I dont use overclock, but when i did the score wasn't significantly higher. (+50-60 pts)

In games like Shadow of war on ultra 1080p iam getting 90AVG FPS, Witcher 3 60fps 1440p on ultra , 32fps ultra 4k.

I bought it second hand, could it be faulty or something ?

I have it paired with Xeon e3-1270 v3 (i7 4770 equivalent) and 32gb DDR3 on B85M-G from Asus.

Thanks for any info.

**side note, has anyone noticed there seems to be one or two of these 1070 issues a day? Is there something going on?

Did you have anything installed previously? If so, did you remove the drivers with DDU? And I'm assuming you've installed the required drivers for this GPU?

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

**side note, has anyone noticed there seems to be one or two of these 1070 issues a day? Is there something going on?

Did you have anything installed previously? If so, did you remove the drivers with DDU? And I'm assuming you've installed the required drivers for this GPU?

** Yeah, i have seen it too :D:D

I had a gtx 960 4gb , i just throwed in the 1070 , just worked, but when i googled score charts from heaven on 1070s something was wrong, so iam asking, should i DDU / Reinstall whole Windows ?

EDIT: Because i thought when swapping GPUs and going from nvidia to nvidia, you dont need to actually unninstall drivers.

Just now, Roman848 said:

** Yeah, i have seen it too :D:D

I had a gtx 960 4gb , i just throwed in the 1070 , just worked, but when i googled score charts from heaven on 1070s something was wrong, so iam asking, should i DDU / Reinstall whole Windows ?

Always reinstal drivers when putting in a new GPU with DDU

Also disable windows auto driver, that could be the problem too

Let's agree to disagree

Just now, MrTiC said:

Always reinstal drivers when putting in a new GPU with DDU

Also disable windows auto driver, that could be the problem too

Ok , one small question, heard alot about DDU messing up windows , how much of a risk is it ?

Just now, Roman848 said:

Ok , one small question, heard alot about DDU messing up windows , how much of a risk is it ?

i never had a problem with DDU, and im on a 2 year old windows instal lel

Let's agree to disagree

1 minute ago, Roman848 said:

I haven't heard of it, but Nvidia may also have it's own uninstaller. I've had to use AMD's removal tool in the past.

1 minute ago, MrTiC said:

i never had a problem with DDU, and im on a 2 year old windows instal lel

K, will give it a shot, thanks ! :)

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

I haven't heard of it, but Nvidia may also have it's own uninstaller. I've had to use AMD's removal tool in the past.

Yeah, i had too in the past... MSI GX60 Destroyer , full AMD system, i mean APU A10 + R9 M290X. That Laptop is like 2 years old and by AMD , it is a Legacy, so no newer games on it could be played, no Windows 10 because with it, it tried to install newest drivers etc. MESS ! :D Dont ever buy APU + GPU AMD Laptops ever ! BTW , Thanks for the info :)