Multiple display smartphone from ZTE

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Apps are stretched, unless made for it (or hacked up by ZTE to make it work), or have apps side by side.

Just to be clear, apps don't have to be made specifically for the Axon M to scale properly. They just need to be updated to target Android N's multiwindow mode (i.e. android:resizeableActivity=true).

Specifically to scale properly they need to be both density and resolution aware, just like a resizable app targeting Chromebooks.

4 hours ago, Cheesus182 said:

What is the market for this? I don't honestly know how or what you would use this for? Not to mention that powering 2 screens with a 3180 mAh battery is going to be a pain.

Good to see that they are trying to innovate but I don't think this is the right direction, especially when you see things like the Xioami Mi Mix which did the whole bezless thing before Samsung and Apple. Maybe I'm wrong.

i thought it was dumb too but saw some review channels using it and seemed more usefull then i figured. Having netflix or youtube on one screen and websurfing emailing texting or even playing a game or something else on the other without them interfering with each other like on current split screen modes of phones now days. I could see flipping it open for great dual app mutitasking and then just using it closed for regular casual use. and then laying in bed open it up and use it as a tablet.

Battery life will probably make this pointless. also the Older Processor something like this needs as much power as it can get to take advantage of this.  plus the SD835 is also more power efficient.  also app support will kill its usefullness. So overall i do agree its going to flop but with  the right tech and a few more versions of something like this i think it could be good. Its one of thoese im excited for what the next version will be. 

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

I was semi-interested until i found out it doesnt go into a tablet mode. What nonsense is that?

the hands on videos i saw had a tablet mode that combined the screens just like it was one big one. Though the bezel in the center would annoy me personally and the aspect ratio. 

idk what you'd use this for to be honest...

I guess the extended mode would be cool for a video or something, but really it woulldn't with that big bezel in the middle.

and mirror mode looks like a joke... lol just show the phone to other person lol

so yeah... standard mode is the only use I guess haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

emulators on this would be awesome

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

sexy phone

Life is easy, all you have to do is Live

I think mirrored mode could be used for games maybe ,could be interesting, although i don't see myself buying one of these unless it gets a real purpose(it has to be a really good one).

I think this can get a use for it if someone comes up with a good idea,but since foldable and bendable screens are coming up, those will take over.

Extend mode reminds  me of a ds

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Extend mode reminds  me of a ds

The real reason ZTE made this phone...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

If we're adding hinges to phones, I'd rather have this:

samsung-galaxy-flip-2.jpg?quality=98&str

So what's you're saying...is

ROAD TRIP TO JAPAN?!?!

I'm in!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:03 AM, Cheesus182 said:

What is the market for this? I don't honestly know how or what you would use this for?

I got this a lot back in the late 90s and early 2000s about having two monitors and two cores. Every tech geek I talked to asked "What do you use it for?" and "Nothing is optimized for that". Then everyone became a believer in the mid 2000s even tho not much changed except that everyone had dual core cpus and gpus had dual video outs eventually even tho their programs STILL weren't optimized for it. 

This phone is so awesome. I looks to fold backwards, but does it fold closed with the screens facing each other? If it folds closed, is there room for a screen on the back? F*ck everything we're doing 5 screens!

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Not even running Android O, which has been available for two months now?

On 20/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, Daring said:

Not even running Android O, which has been available for two months now?

Is that really that big of a deal ? I guess Android oreo was not even finished product when they have done engineering Axon M. I could be wrong but they may add support for update to oreo later on.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that i've seen it in action, it's actually a pretty neat concept

And seems to handle things pretty well

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I just wanted to post that, so thanks :) now it's obvious that oreo is coming for Axon M. Lewis did a great job with this review, as expected. Well Axon M is not an ordinary smartphone and it shouldn't be evaluated as one ;>

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, I'm actually very excited for this. My Note 4 is dying, so I can't wait for it to launch here in Europe. I use my phone for media consumption a lot and I'd love to watch a video on one screen and browse the internet on the other, that sorta thing. Anyone here have it and want to say something about it? 

1 hour ago, 804r said:

Hm, I'm actually very excited for this. My Note 4 is dying, so I can't wait for it to launch here in Europe. I use my phone for media consumption a lot and I'd love to watch a video on one screen and browse the internet on the other, that sorta thing. Anyone here have it and want to say something about it? 

i would say this use case is one of the best it would be able to do. Most phones now handle this well my s7 Edge with the same S820 runs video and webpages well no lags or holdups. But programs like netflix and other non Mutitasking optomized apps are a pain and do there best not to work. I haven't tried in the new Android version that its suppose to be a lot better in. 

Even GPS in car could be cool being  a bigger screen in general. lots of decent uses.

I think this is the future but its got a long way to come still in terms of Power, Ram, Design Thickness Battery life and Bezels in the middle. durablility so much more. Honestly not bad for a first run.

On 18/10/2017 at 7:25 AM, Sauron said:

We've had scratch resistant screens for more than half a decade... how does your phone not get scratched when you lay it face down? How do glass back phones not get scratched for that matter?

I always manage to scratch my screens.

3 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

That is what many people forget. Phone are scratch resistance, and depending on your environment (dust/debris) where the phone screen might have contact and furniture surfaces, etc, your screen can get scratch. Phones are only scratch resistant, not scratch proof. Gorilla glass while impressive, is far from giving you the best protection.

This is where glass screen protector comes in, as if those get scratch, well, you can switch it in a few minutes and cost you a few dollars to replace. Being glass it doesn't affect the screen clarity, colors, or touch experience (finger sliding on the screen resistance).

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

That is what many people forget. Phone are scratch resistance, and depending on your environment (dust/debris) where the phone screen might have contact and furniture surfaces, etc, your screen can get scratch. Phones are only scratch resistant, not scratch proof. Gorilla glass while impressive, is far from giving you the best protection.

This is where glass screen protector comes in, as if those get scratch, well, you can switch it in a few minutes and cost you a few dollars to replace. Being glass it doesn't affect the screen clarity, colors, or touch experience (finger sliding on the screen resistance).

Apparently we're literally going to get diamond screens soon™

Not sure how I feel about these. Its targeting a very niche market...

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

3 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Scratch resistant != scratch proof. Nevertheless, having two screens doesn't make it more likely to scratch and you can always use a screen protector if you're worried.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 hours ago, Sauron said:

having two screens doesn't make it more likely to scratch

While I'm super excited for this, I actually have to argue against this point. If I drop my phone, there's a 50/50 chance (you know what I mean) of it landing screen down. On this, it's almost impossible *not* to land screen down. Additionally, I usually put my phone down screen up. Also no longer possible. 

Still gonna get it, tho.