Routing tubing through the back tray

I have seen this done a few times in LTT videos. Like the wall mounted PC or the RGB watercooling build. In my opinion routing tubing behind the motherboard can often allow for a very clean tubing layout. Has anyone done this, I'm especially interested if someone tried in one of the thermaltake core P-series cases(It seems it would work well since there is much more space to route both cables and tubes than in a usual case)? Is it must for the tube to consist of two parts? Can you do hardline also inside the back tray or is it better to change to soft? 

I'm new to watercooling in general and I'm not sure if I want to try routing the tubes this way? 

6 hours ago, Moose36 said:

I have seen this done a few times in LTT videos. Like the wall mounted PC or the RGB watercooling build. In my opinion routing tubing behind the motherboard can often allow for a very clean tubing layout. Has anyone done this, I'm especially interested if someone tried in one of the thermaltake core P-series cases(It seems it would work well since there is much more space to route both cables and tubes than in a usual case)? Is it must for the tube to consist of two parts? Can you do hardline also inside the back tray or is it better to change to soft? 

I'm new to watercooling in general and I'm not sure if I want to try routing the tubes this way? 

If you are going through a cable grommet you can use one piece of tubing, for something like a pass through fitting to go through the motherboard tray then you add fittings to both sides of the pass through. 

Hardline can be done but is more hassle to route than soft tubing espically if the space is limited.