usb c and 3.0 dock

Hi there,

I am looking for a usb dock for my xps 15 9550 laptop, I found this one from Dell: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012DT6LIA/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

My question is what's is the difference in between getting a usb c one or a 3.0 one? It seems to be that the 3.0 one is cheaper but does the usb c offer better performance?

USB C will have better bandwidth and probably more IO. I remember in an old job selling the TB16 thunderbolt dock to a customer alongside his new XPS laptop. It had multiple USB 3.0, display port, HDMI, .....   and also charging capacity for the laptop.

From DELL's product page:

Connections and Features:

Supports 3 displays
Two USB 2.0 ports
Three USB 3.0 ports
Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port
Speaker output (rear)
Combo audio (front)
Gigabit Ethernet
Kensington Lock Slot
7.4 mm DC-IN Power Input

1 minute ago, Jerped said:

USB C will have better bandwidth and probably more IO. I remember in an old job selling the TB16 thunderbolt dock to a customer alongside his new XPS laptop. It had multiple USB 3.0, display port, HDMI, .....   and also charging capacity for the laptop.

Ah I see, spending 340 usd is a little much tbh lol. So a usb 3.0 would be find just so can run 3 displays and Ethernet?

Just get a chap usb c one with power delivery and hook a 30-60w pd power supply up to it.

Its super conveniant just having to plug the usb c cable and not having to lug around the power adapter.

2 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

Just get a chap usb c one with power delivery and hook a 30-60w pd power supply up to it.

Its super conveniant just having to plug the usb c cable and not having to lug around the power adapter.

Any recommendation  ones that can do 3 displays and Ethernet?