Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't decide on case!

Masters2150

I have a budget of $180 CAD for a case. I've been looking for a case to go in my new computer. This will be a pricey build at $4000 CAD. It's not that I'm cheaping out on a case, but I got other parts that took up large chunks of the cash, such as the 1080 ti, a new high end monitor, and an M.2 drive among other things.

I have two in mind:

Corsair Carbide Air 540

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I just want something that will provide good airflow, noise...not to much since I wear a headset, and is practicle. 

If you want to suggest other ideas, I do have some requirements:

DUST FILTERS! I have a cat and the furballs get everywhere

Must support atleast 2 280mm rads, or 1 360mm and 1 240mm

Does not need 3.5" drive case as I plan to only use SSD but doesn't hurt to have space for 1 drive

Must have good clean airflow, no non-removable hard drive cages at the front, unless they are below a PSU shroud

Must support ATX

Thanks!

Fractal meshify C?

It's basically the perfect case, except for that if you're putting a 360mm rad in the front, you'll need to really keep your GPU length in check, since it might be too long. (ASUS GTX 1080Ti is 300mm, max is 315 with no radiator. so you'd need to either find a 15mm radiator (impossible), or choose a shorter card.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811139048

780T is an outstanding case, it will support whatever you need and it has everything you listed. No PSU Shroud though.

All HDD Caddies are removable. There are 2x 5.25 inch bays that can be removed but there are still 2 plastic 5.25inch bay covers to cover up the front panel of course if you don't plan to use those 5.25 inch bays.

It is 169.99 right now for the black and 179.99 right now for the white. But you get 20$ USD back in rebate. "Canadian residents will receive their rebate in the form of a check instead of a Visa prepaid card."

This making the price 149.99 (187.54 CAD) for the black and 159.99 (200.04 CAD) for the white after rebate.

But since most people opt for a black case, if you are willing to shell out 8$ more than your budget after the rebate card then it's a really good case.

Radiator Mount Locations

Front: 240/280/360mm
Top: 240/280/360mm
Rear: 120/140mm
Bottom: 240mm

Dust filters on top, front, and bottom.
It also has a fan controller.

Wait for Black Friday and see what goes on sale.

9 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

-snip-

It is 169.99 right now for the black and 179.99 right now for the white. But you get 20$ USD back in rebate. "Canadian residents will receive their rebate in the form of a check instead of a Visa prepaid card."

This making the price 149.99 (187.54 CAD) for the black and 159.99 (200.04 CAD) for the white after rebate.

Canadian's can't order from the US NewEgg site, and the case is $230 on the Canadian one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT 12GB PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Wait for Black Friday and see what goes on sale.

Canadian's can't order from the US NewEgg site, and the case is $230 on the Canadian one.

Oh really? That sucks. Well best of luck to you.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Fractal meshify C?

It's basically the perfect case, except for that if you're putting a 360mm rad in the front, you'll need to really keep your GPU length in check, since it might be too long. (ASUS GTX 1080Ti is 300mm, max is 315 with no radiator. so you'd need to either find a 15mm radiator (impossible), or choose a shorter card.

I'd actually considered it, then I saw this exact problem. I do plan on putting a rad in front as I want it to get cool air....would a 280 work in the front maybe? If so I can sacrifice a bit of cooling power for a good case.

31 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

This doesn't look like a bad idea either.

Both of these are below my budget, so I could spend that money elsewhere....I like the Luxe, but I decided against an RGB build as it seems I was spending money for something I'd hardly ever look at.

10 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

I'd actually considered it, then I saw this exact problem. I do plan on putting a rad in front as I want it to get cool air....would a 280 work in the front maybe? If so I can sacrifice a bit of cooling power for a good case.

This doesn't look like a bad idea either.

Both of these are below my budget, so I could spend that money elsewhere....I like the Luxe, but I decided against an RGB build as it seems I was spending money for something I'd hardly ever look at.

Both the Meshify C and Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG are my two Go-To recommendations because for $100, theyre impossible to beat for what they offer.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Both the Meshify C and Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG are my two Go-To recommendations because for $100, theyre impossible to beat for what they offer.

Happen to know if a 280 would fit up front with an Asus 1080ti?

44 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

Happen to know if a 280 would fit up front with an Asus 1080ti?

In push/pull, no less!

197637.0e6c772eb523b529686496525c0628d0.1600.jpg

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

In push/pull, no less!

197637.0e6c772eb523b529686496525c0628d0.1600.jpg

Perfect, so it's 360 that has issues because of the PSU shroud.

Just wondering, I see you have a thermaltake PSU, I've heard bad things about their PSUs, whats your thought on them? I might decide to go back to a RGB build before the end, but I don't want a second rate PSU.

1 minute ago, Masters2150 said:

Just wondering, I see you have a thermaltake PSU, I've heard bad things about their PSUs, whats your thought on them? I might decide to go back to a RGB build before the end, but I don't want a second rate PSU.

Thermaltake is bad. Don't get it.

PSU tier list in sig if you want to see the quality

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Just now, Masters2150 said:

(That's not my build thats one I found on PCPartPicker, sorrry about that)

And the case has an openable shroud so you can in fact put a full 360 rad in front (couldnt find any examples of them so this is just to show there's space for it!)

210388.0a794cb77522c724747a483db07f7bc6.1600.jpg

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Thermaltake is bad. Don't get it.

PSU tier list in sig if you want to see the quality

Toughpower is a tier 2 psu ;) 

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Toughpower is a tier 2 psu ;) 

It's just if I wanted an RGB power supply...seems like Thermaltake is the one ones who make one.

It's just if I wanted an RGB power supply...seems like Thermaltake is the one ones who make one.

Doesnt matter, most good cases have PSU basements so you wouldnt see it anyways

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Doesnt matter, most good cases have PSU basements so you wouldnt see it anyways

True....

True....

Definitely get a quality PSU over one with any sort of lights. PSU's are the last part of a PC you should want RGB on, especially in today's case market.

55 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Definitely get a quality PSU over one with any sort of lights. PSU's are the last part of a PC you should want RGB on, especially in today's case market.

I'll only be doing it if my budget will support it. It's more of a...if I can I will, if not, oh well kind of thing.