Youtube is slow, but everything else is fine.

Gravemind

Been having issues with Youtube for about a week now. I've had no other issues with anything but Youtube. Steam downloads are fine, gaming is fine, Skype/Discord video calls are perfect, nothing else experiences slowdown. Speedtest even gives me 35-40mb/s.

I've tried with Friefox, Opera, Chrome, and even Internet Explorer. All of which were up to date and I even updated Adobe Flash.

Flushed my DNS, and tried everything I could think of to just refresh as many things as I could.

I used to be able to watch 1080 60fps videos on Youtube with it always being at max buffer, now it literally can't even buffer 240p fast enough without pausing.

I checked the "Stats for Nerds" and the connection speed never goes above 1200kb.

Interestingly, anytime I also try to download something from Youtube with 3rd-party software, it's also glacial. Sometimes saying I'm not even connected to the internet.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm ripping my hair out trying to fix this.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

Best I can guess is ISP crap.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

clear cache

And how would I go about doing that?

12 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

IeUd4RhhTXyXhpk8JN6IbA.png

Did that with all my browsers and restarted my computer. No change.

2 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

reset router

if that doesnt work reinstall windows 

Yeah resetting my router was kinda implied.

And reinstall Windows, really? That's a lot more complicated than people think.

Do you actually know anything or are you just reading off of a tech support script

Have you tried uninstalling your browser deleting all its files and removing it from the registry then reinstalling?

1 minute ago, Gravemind said:

And reinstall Windows, really? That's a lot more complicated than people think.

Do you actually know anything or are you just reading off of a tech support script

not really, and yes sir I can assure you I have my Cisco Comptia A+ certification and this document for troubleshooting tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

YouTube has detected you have used your full allotment of cat video streaming for this month and are now throttling your speeds as to not interrupt streaming needs of other customers.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

12 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

not really, and yes sir I can assure you I have my Cisco Comptia A+ certification and this document for troubleshooting tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

AWESOME!  And thanks a bunch.  Saved it first as a .png file and it is heading to the printer as I type this.  Once again, many thanks.  Wish that I had come up with that, going to put in in a frame along side my electronics degree.

1 hour ago, VenomZ_ said:

if that doesnt work reinstall windows 

Seriously?

This is likely the caching reverse proxies your ISP uses for Youtube content.  My ISP uses them and I block the DNS for them and bypass the request via their proxies and go to YouTube servers directly.

You can check this by reviewing your DNS lookups via your browsers dev tools while accessing the Youtube content.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply