Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The game finally came in the mail

Dogsparky
 Share

Ordered it off eBay and it came in TL the mail today, have a PlayStation 2 but playing it on the PlayStation 1 because if I have one then why not? 

20171017_164742.jpg

20171017_164747.jpg

20171017_164758.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

it makes me happy to see a clean, working ps1

i salute you OP

I have one too, with a controller and all the cables.

 

 

salute me papa

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

 

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

 

🏳️‍🌈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

it makes me happy to see a clean, working ps1

i salute you OP

I got mine when a family friend in the neighbour moved... find out it was modified. 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.51 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC | 24GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD Green 1.5TB | ASUS Xonar DG | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5  | ASUS ProArt PA238QR

Intel Core™ i7-7600U | Seagate 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 850 G4

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 15.4.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 15.4.1) |  iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Legend of Dragoon. Square Enix should pursue that combat system and story further if they have the rights to it. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

it makes me happy to see a clean, working ps1

i salute you OP

I have a working PS1 too :D

 

Spoiler

IMG_20171018_034122.thumb.jpg.d9a31b6baac42c9a794ca581fe023aaf.jpg

 

Intel Xeon X5670 6c/12t @ 4.40GHz, Asus P6X58D-E, 24GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz, Asus GTX 960 Turbo OC, 250GB & 120GB SSD, 4TB and 2x 2TB HDD, Fractal Design Define R5

PC 2: Intel Xeon E5-2690 8c/16t @ 3.3-3.8GHz, ThinkStation S30 (C600/X79), 64GB (4x 16GB) DDR3 1600MHz, GeForce GT 640 GDDR5, 500GB HDD

PC 3: Intel Core i7-3770 4c/8t @ 4.22-4.43GHz, Asus P8Z77-V LK, 16GB DDR3 1854MHz, Asus GTX 760 DC2 OC, 250GB Crucial MX500 and 2x 500GB HDD

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T440p, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 4c/8t @ 2.7-3.7GHz, 12GB DDR3 1600MHz , NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M, 250GB Samsung SSD, 14" 1080p IPS, 100Wh battery

Phone: Huawei Honor 9 64GB + 256GB card Watch: Motorola Moto 360 1st Gen.

General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion

Some other PC's:

Spoiler

Some of the specs of these systems might not be up to date

PC 4: Intel Xeon X5677 @ 3.47GHz, HP 0B4Ch (X58), 12GB DDR3 1333MHz, Asus GeForce GTX 660 DC2, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD

PC 5: Intel Xeon W3550 @ 3.07GHz, HP (X58), 8GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (GPU: 1050MHz MEM: 1250MHz), 120GB SSD, 2TB, 1TB and 500GB HDD

PC 6: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.8GHz, Asus P5KC, 8GB DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD

HTPC: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, HP DC7900SFF, 8GB DDR2 800MHz, Asus Radeon HD 6570, 240GB SSD and 3TB HDD

WinXP PC: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 @ 2.33GHz, Asus P5B, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 32GB SSD and 80GB HDD

RetroPC: Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3.0GHz, Gigabyte GA-8SGXLFS, 2gb DDR1, ATi Radeon 9800 Pro, 2x 40gb HDD

My first PC: Intel Celeron 333MHz, Diamond Micronics C400, 384mb RAM, Diamond Viper V550 (NVIDIA Riva TNT), 6gb and 8gb HDD

Server: 2x Intel Xeon E5420, Dell PowerEdge 2950, 32gb DDR2, ATI ES1000, 4x 146gb SAS

Dual Opteron PC: 2x 6-core AMD Opteron 2419EE, HP XW9400, 32GB DDR2, ATI Radeon 3650, 500gb HDD

Core2 Duo PC: Intel Core2 Duo E8400, HP DC7800, 4gb DDR2, NVIDIA Quadro FX1700, 1tb and 80gb HDD

Athlon XP PC: AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MSI something, 1,5gb DDR1, ATI Radeon 9200, 40gb HDD

Thinkpad: Intel Core2 Duo T7200, Lenovo Thinkpad T60, 4gb DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, 1tb HDD

Pentium 3 PC: Intel Pentium 3 866MHz, Asus CUSL2-C, 512mb RAM, 3DFX VooDoo 3 2000 AGP

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6430, Intel Core i5-3210M, 6gb DDR3 1600MHz , Intel HD 4000, 250gb Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1TB WD Blue HDD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

it makes me happy to see a clean, working ps1

i salute you OP

It was working when my brothers stored it, wasn't crammed anywhere either, had some stuff in it and it was easy to brake apart and clean the inside, no complicated process

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

My brothers and I played our PS1 to death. It might still work if you use the console upside down or something like that. If it even still works anyway. I think I have it boxed and stored somewhere. These days I just use the PS3 to play PS1 games. Too bad my PS3 isn't one of those that can play PS2. I had one of those but the disc drive failed twice so at that point I didn't want to spend money on repairs and just got the newer slim that was out at that point.

 

Anyway, I've yet to finish LOD. I remember renting it as a young teen. I've since picked up both a physical copy and a digital PSN copy for convenience over the years but I've yet to actually sit down and play through it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ono said:

My brothers and I played our PS1 to death. It might still work if you use the console upside down or something like that. If it even still works anyway. I think I have it boxed and stored somewhere. These days I just use the PS3 to play PS1 games. Too bad my PS3 isn't one of those that can play PS2. I had one of those but the disc drive failed twice so at that point I didn't want to spend money on repairs and just got the newer slim that was out at that point.

 

Anyway, I've yet to finish LOD. I remember renting it as a young teen. I've since picked up both a physical copy and a digital PSN copy for convenience over the years but I've yet to actually sit down and play through it. 

I have like 2 or 3 ps2s that still work,  one I bought one my brother left and another my dad got but since then gave to me, I like the combat system on it though, it is different,  story line was great too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

I have like 2 or 3 ps2s that still work,  one I bought one my brother left and another my dad got but since then gave to me, I like the combat system on it though, it is different,  story line was great too

Good to hear. I still have a PS2 that mostly works. Mostly because it can't read CDs (the blue colored games) when the system sits horizontally. Its ok vertically. A sign the lens is wearing out. Sadly this is the fate of all retro consoles using optical drives :( Enjoy them while you still can!

 

I'll get to LOD eventually. My interest in retro gaming kicked off a few years ago and I'm slowly going through things. This year I've only had time to get through Soul Blazer on SNES and hopefully the game I'm currently playing on the SNES Classic (because the actual cart is pricey!), Earthbound. There's one more SNES game I want to hit up before moving on to PS. But even then, I think Wild Arms is currently my top PS1 game to play. LOD maybe #2. Or Lunar. So many good ones I didn't finish as a teen, but so little time to play. Had the time but no money as a kid; as an adult I have the money but not the time. Lose-lose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ono said:

Good to hear. I still have a PS2 that mostly works. Mostly because it can't read CDs (the blue colored games) when the system sits horizontally. Its ok vertically. A sign the lens is wearing out. Sadly this is the fate of all retro consoles using optical drives :( Enjoy them while you still can!

 

I'll get to LOD eventually. My interest in retro gaming kicked off a few years ago and I'm slowly going through things. This year I've only had time to get through Soul Blazer on SNES and hopefully the game I'm currently playing on the SNES Classic (because the actual cart is pricey!), Earthbound. There's one more SNES game I want to hit up before moving on to PS. But even then, I think Wild Arms is currently my top PS1 game to play. LOD maybe #2. Or Lunar. So many good ones I didn't finish as a teen, but so little time to play. Had the time but no money as a kid; as an adult I have the money but not the time. Lose-lose.

oh, i still have a box of replacement parts for the ps2 and ps1 including motherboard,but yeah the early playstation days had a lot of good games, i am currently rebuilding my original collection because most of the discs are gone or scratched 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×