Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make money making drones?

I have heard of some people selling racing drone for a profit. Is that still a profitable thing? or even a job/side job related to that.  

 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get good at it and put your time and effort into making a business of it, maybe. But if you don't have experience and you just want to do it as a hobby, you might have trouble selling 'em.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

If you get good at it and put your time and effort into making a business of it, maybe. But if you don't have experience and you just want to do it as a hobby, you might have trouble selling 'em.

Yah thats kinda what i thought.

I already have a decent drone, but i kinda want to sell it to get a phantom 3 or 4. I just dont know the best place to sell it and to get the most money out of a kinda used drone and equipment for it. 

 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

Yah thats kinda what i thought.

I already have a decent drone, but i kinda want to sell it to get a phantom 3 or 4. I just dont know the best place to sell it and to get the most money out of a kinda used drone and equipment for it. 

If you already know how to make them, you might not have trouble selling them. Kinda like PCs- if you're good at it, people might want it.

About the drone you have now - honestly, I have no idea how you could go about selling it. Sorry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kobathor said:

If you already know how to make them, you might not have trouble selling them. Kinda like PCs- if you're good at it, people might want it.

About the drone you have now - honestly, I have no idea how you could go about selling it. Sorry!

I think the big issue is having to invest money to sell them.  anyway thanks for the help.

 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to make money using an sUAS, the FAA requires you to obtain and hold a part 107 certificate. If you do not, you and you're clients can be massively fined for commercial use of a drone without the proper licensing. 

 

Or did I misinterpret: do you want to build and sell multirotors? You could maybe make some money on that, but you'd be fighting against cloners and eachine who make super cheap aircraft. If you got really good at pid tuning, I know you can make some money tuning quads for local pilots. 

ASU

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×