4.2 Bluetooth headphones on 4.0 Smartphone ?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try out a cheap wireless in-ears I found out online, but here's the deal:

I have an xperia Z2 with v4.0 bluetooth and the headphones are v4.2. Despite what Wiki/forums/people say,and the general consesus on connecting 4.0 with 4.2, the manufacturer of the headphones EXPLICITLY says that only v4.2 smartphones are supported. Why is that? Are they trying to get away from people asking  "will <x> work with...", or do you really need to have 4.2 on your device? (apart from some features,its just a firmware update so there shouldnt be theoretically any problems).

Should I just go for it? Or am I wasting money and effort into something not happening?

Insights appreciated.

It should work I think

16 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

It should work I think

For these types of issues, is it a case of "Something works with something" or "Everything works with everything" ?

Do you have any experiences on this? (thx for the input btw)

5 minutes ago, lmaoimtemp said:

For these types of issues, is it a case of "Something works with something" or "Everything works with everything" ?

Do you have any experiences on this? (thx for the input btw)

Don't have experience but I think it is everything works with everything. I could be wrong though so I'd wait for someone else to be sure