Come One! Come All! Watch As The Amazing Billboard Reads Your Mind!

Ever feel like somebody's watching you?  Well tourist, residents, and motors around London's famous Piccadilly Circus sure seem to think so.  The new and improved billboard at the iconic London square measures 790 sq meters, 11 million pixels spaced 8mm apart.  This massive screen can display 281 trillion different colors on an expanse of about 4 tennis courts and is the largest screen of its type in Europe.  However, its gargantuan size is only half the story!

Original article from The Vergehttps://www.theverge.com/2017/10/16/16468452/screen-london-picadilly-circus-cars-targeted-ads-landsec

The screens owners, Landsec, says that hidden cameras will analyze the make, model, and color of passing cars, as well as the age, gender, and feelings? of pedestrians passing by.  The information captured will be used to tailor advertisements towards those in close proximity to the billboard.  The screen will also display ads depending on the weather and news and sports event.  

A spokesmen from Landsec stated in an email that "the screen can react to these external factors, but would do so without collecting or storing any personal details."

The screen will display 6 different section displaying ads, news, sports, weather, etc and a full screen ad using the entire screen for 30 seconds every 10 minutes - the first brands to debut will include Samsung, Coca-Cola, Hyundai, and L'Oreal.

Landsec has not announced when the the new board will be switched on, as they do not want the screen to cause overcrowding and traffic issue on an already congested sidewalk and city street.

I need to make a mental note to never visit picadilly so that I can avoid that nasty screen......

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I need to make a mental note to never visit picadilly so that I can avoid that nasty screen......

So, help my American spelling...is it Piccadilly or Picadilly?  I want to get it right. xD

Just now, tropton13 said:

So, help my American spelling...is it Piccadilly or Picadilly?  I want to get it right. xD

I don't know. I don't live in London :(....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Mazda will never be seen... 

Toyota/Lexus will be confused for Hondas...

And Chevrolet will look like all of the above...

How can this not go wrong? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, tropton13 said:

It's a location, so spelling conventions don't matter. Google says Piccadilly.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

It's a location, so spelling conventions don't matter. Google says Piccadilly.

Yeah,  I'm not stressing that hard over it

So we are all going to drive cars like this in the future?

18chxxnaqlv83jpg.jpg

If you guys are wondering why, it's REALLY difficult for camera's to focus on this car and to figure out what's the shape of the car.

That way they won't really know what you drive so the system would be quite broken :P

And don't worry about it becoming illegal, it's a big deal for car companies and actually more cars with such design would actually help them :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Would probably be easier to just put a bunch of infrared leds on the car which would mess up with the cameras in the billboards. Your car would show up as a blob of light and that's pretty much it. Add some strobing effect to the infrared leds and you really have fun with them.

55 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Mazda will never be seen... 

Toyota/Lexus will be confused for Hondas...

And Chevrolet will look like all of the above...

How can this not go wrong? 

What about vans? They will basically appear like a fancy cube, also busses and other commercial vehicles will basically be worthless for the system because they don't know who is on it (yet :/ ) But i guess in the case of a bus they would just show an ad of a cheap store or something...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon