Recommendation for a Gaming Headset

Can someone please recommend a gaming headset for me? Sorry, I am not good with finding hardware and tech stuff due to complete lack of experience in doing so.

Some prerequisites I'm looking for:

-Gotta be a headset, not too fussy about sound quality

-Gotta have a decent mic

-Gotta only have one analogue 3.5mm jack (for both the mic and the speakers)

-$100 AUD around but more is fine

Thank you

i can recommend the steelseries arctis 3 or 5 for you. the are the same if you look quality wise, but have gotten some different ways to connect the headset

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

4 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

i can recommend the steelseries arctis 3 or 5 for you. the are the same if you look quality wise, but have gotten some different ways to connect the headset

Sorry for asking, but does the Arctis 3 come with one jack only? As in, the 3.5mm jack is capable of doing both the mic and the sound?

I'd suggest you to avoid shiny gaming brands for such peripherals, get a Superlux HD681EVO + cheap mic and never look back.

44 minutes ago, Ce3JaY_kA0 said:

Sorry for asking, but does the Arctis 3 come with one jack only? As in, the 3.5mm jack is capable of doing both the mic and the sound?

it comes with one 4-pole 3.5mm and one cable that has 2, 3-pole 3.5mm that you can use. they are switchable thanks to a connection in the cable.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 hour ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

2 hours ago, Ce3JaY_kA0 said:

it comes with one 4-pole 3.5mm and one cable that has 2, 3-pole 3.5mm that you can use. they are switchable thanks to a connection in the cable.

I apologise for being a newb as I have little experience in this.

is the headset, with the 4-pole 3.5mm single jack, able to do both the mic and the sound? Since my laptop has one jack plug for both mic and sound, I was wondering whether this headset’s one jack is capable of doing so?

15 minutes ago, Ce3JaY_kA0 said:

I apologise for being a newb as I have little experience in this.

is the headset, with the 4-pole 3.5mm single jack, able to do both the mic and the sound? Since my laptop has one jack plug for both mic and sound, I was wondering whether this headset’s one jack is capable of doing so?

with a 4-pole jack you are supposed to be able to use it (as the extra pole is for the mic). you said that your laptop supports it, so it should work all fine. my tablet is able to use the headset + mic so it works for me at least.

also, no need for apologising, asking is always better than guessing

I recommend the hyperx cloud 2. I also really like the hyperx cloud revolver s but its 150 usd :P

Arctis 3 or 5!

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Corsair Nepton H100i v2, ThermalTake ToughPower 750W Gold, 

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1