GTX 1050Ti for $60. Keep or resell for $140?

Colty

I bought a GTX 1050Ti off of Craigslist from a guy who didn't know how much it's worth. I bought it for just $60. I have a GTX 970 so it wouldn't be an upgrade or even a sidestep with better thermals for me. I want to build a secondary ITX system for portability and I'd like to build my GF a PC to replace her gaming laptop. Should I sell the 1050ti now and hope GPU prices drop? Or should I just take the incredible deal I got? After shipping costs, ebay fees, and gas costs from the craigslist deal, if I sold for $140, I'd make a profit of $45.

2 minutes ago, Colty said:

I bought a GTX 1050Ti off of Craigslist from a guy who didn't know how much it's worth. I bought it for just $60. I have a GTX 970 so it wouldn't be an upgrade or even a sidestep with better thermals for me. I want to build a secondary ITX system for portability and I'd like to build my GF a PC to replace her gaming laptop. Should I sell the 1050ti now and hope GPU prices drop? Or should I just take the incredible deal I got? After shipping costs, ebay fees, and gas costs from the craigslist deal, if I sold for $140, I'd make a profit of $45.

Try selling it locally on craigslist first.

If the 1050 ti is enough for those 2 pcs youll be building then id just put it in one of those.

Dont expect much changes in the GPU market until Q2 2018 (except maybe the 1070 ti).

keep it for the ITX rig

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

If the 1050 ti is enough for those 2 pcs youll be building then id just put it in one of those.

Dont expect much changes in the GPU market until Q2 2018 (except maybe the 1070 ti).

I wouldn't wait for 1070ti ... it will either be locked, so you won't be able to OC it, or it will come right in the middle of 1070 and 1080. Not sure if we need any GPU there, but okay xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB