Thermaltake level 10 GT and Corsair H115i compatibility

Hi, I bought a cpu online cheap and it came with the Corsair H115i cooler. Pcpartpicker says it isn't compatible with the thermaltake level 10 gt. I was just wondering whether anyone has managed to make it work despite the large reservior. If not I think i'll go with the noctua NH-D15, thoughts?
TIA

nope. doesn't work.

you need a 240mm rad, but the H115i is 280mm

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 hours ago, Rarohan said:

Hi, I bought a cpu online cheap and it came with the Corsair H115i cooler. Pcpartpicker says it isn't compatible with the thermaltake level 10 gt. I was just wondering whether anyone has managed to make it work despite the large reservior. If not I think i'll go with the noctua NH-D15, thoughts?
TIA

AS an owner of the Level 10 GT i can confirm it doesnt support 280mm RADs. At least, not natively. I dont know if there's not "physical" space enough for it, or if there is and they just didnt drill the holes out for it. If it's option 2, you could mod the case to make it work

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 10/18/2017 at 1:19 AM, TVwazhere said:

AS an owner of the Level 10 GT i can confirm it doesnt support 280mm RADs. At least, not natively. I dont know if there's not "physical" space enough for it, or if there is and they just didnt drill the holes out for it. If it's option 2, you could mod the case to make it work

@RadiatingLight

@TVwazhere

My parts just arrived the other day and i've now had a chance to see the sizing first hand. I'd rather not sell my cooler and buy another. I'm very new to water cooling, as this is the first time building a pc. The two options I can see are:

1) drill holes in the roof of case as there is enough physical room.

2) zip tie to the grate on the base of the case. 

*also i've heard horror stories of coolers leaking and the nightmare of getting refunds etc. Which Is why i'm tempted to mount to the bottom of the case. Is this a rational fear? or are the chances of this too low to bother about. 

*And i'm not sure how coolers work, but will having it on the bottom put extra strain on the "pump".

7 hours ago, Rarohan said:

@RadiatingLight

@TVwazhere

My parts just arrived the other day and i've now had a chance to see the sizing first hand. I'd rather not sell my cooler and buy another. I'm very new to water cooling, as this is the first time building a pc. The two options I can see are:

1) drill holes in the roof of case as there is enough physical room.

2) zip tie to the grate on the base of the case. 

*also i've heard horror stories of coolers leaking and the nightmare of getting refunds etc. Which Is why i'm tempted to mount to the bottom of the case. Is this a rational fear? or are the chances of this too low to bother about. 

*And i'm not sure how coolers work, but will having it on the bottom put extra strain on the "pump".

if you know that it can fit, then sure, put holes in the top of the case and mount it -- however, it probably won't fit. usually it's motherboard VRM clearance issues or something similar, which you can't really fix unless you really want to do some serious modding.

the fear of leaking isn't really relevant, and shouldn't ever happen unless you like to decorate your case with thumbtacks. putting the rad on the bottom is also not the greatest idea, because it means that the highest point in the loop is the pump. so any air bubbles will accumulate there, and make gurgling sounds in the pump, and maybe even slightly damage it. ideally, the highest point in your loop should be the rad (even more ideal, the side of the rad without the tubes).

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

20 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

if you know that it can fit, then sure, put holes in the top of the case and mount it -- however, it probably won't fit. usually it's motherboard VRM clearance issues or something similar, which you can't really fix unless you really want to do some serious modding.

the fear of leaking isn't really relevant, and shouldn't ever happen unless you like to decorate your case with thumbtacks. putting the rad on the bottom is also not the greatest idea, because it means that the highest point in the loop is the pump. so any air bubbles will accumulate there, and make gurgling sounds in the pump, and maybe even slightly damage it. ideally, the highest point in your loop should be the rad (even more ideal, the side of the rad without the tubes).

I got nothing to add to this. All solid advice

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25