PC Crashes with 4 sticks of ram but doesn't with 2

So i decided to add more ram to my pc. I've had 4gb x 2 for a while and i decided to upgrade by getting another set of identical 4gb x 2. I have patriot viper 3 ddr3 1600. When i use all 4 sticks of ram my computer crashes shortly after starting it. I tested each individual stick of ram and each channel on the mobo. Everything is fine. But for some reason my pc just doesn't want 4 sticks of ram.

Specs

CPU-I5 4670

GPU-GTX 960

Mobo-ASROCK h97m pro4

PSU-Corsair cx600 (600w)

Just now, DannyRyu said:

Did you try turning it off and on?

Hide contents

lol.

did you get any error codes?

Yes i did get error codes from windows 10. It crashes into a blue screen but it has a different error code every time.

While it will take a while, have you tested various combinations of 2 sticks at a time?

Just now, sirlamas said:

Yes i did get error codes from windows 10. It crashes into a blue screen but it has a different error code every time.

you may have a problem with your bios, try re-flashing it

Just now, kerradeph said:

While it will take a while, have you tested various combinations of 2 sticks at a time?

Yes i've tried that too and that works but it's just with the 4 sticks.

1 minute ago, 5Beans6 said:

you may have a problem with your bios, try re-flashing it

On asrock mobos they have and instant flash option to update your bios so i did that but still didn't work.

1 minute ago, sirlamas said:

On asrock mobos they have and instant flash option to update your bios so i did that but still didn't work.

So you downloaded the latest BIOS version from their site and put it on a thumbdrive? That's how those instant flash things generally work. 

Just now, kerradeph said:

So you downloaded the latest BIOS version from their site and put it on a thumbdrive? That's how those instant flash things generally work. 

yes 

Try reseating the CPU, specks of dust on the contact area can cause you to lose PCIe lanes. Worth a shot even if they're all working fine separately.

Your motherboard might not be able to support four sticks with the default XMP settings. Does the system work fine at stock?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

9 hours ago, strat guy said:

Try reseating the CPU, specks of dust on the contact area can cause you to lose PCIe lanes. Worth a shot even if they're all working fine separately.

That didn't work

8 hours ago, Carclis said:

Your motherboard might not be able to support four sticks with the default XMP settings. Does the system work fine at stock?

Well it works fine with just the 2 sticks of ram if that's what you mean

14 minutes ago, sirlamas said:

Well it works fine with just the 2 sticks of ram if that's what you mean

Yes but XMP is an overclock and driving four sticks of RAM is more difficult than two. So if it works at stock you've found the issue. I'm not sure what the relevant voltages you'd need to tweak to get it stable on Haswell would be but on Sky/Kaby Lake upping the VCCSA/VCCIO is necessary when running four sticks instead of two.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

5 hours ago, Carclis said:

Yes but XMP is an overclock and driving four sticks of RAM is more difficult than two. So if it works at stock you've found the issue. I'm not sure what the relevant voltages you'd need to tweak to get it stable on Haswell would be but on Sky/Kaby Lake upping the VCCSA/VCCIO is necessary when running four sticks instead of two.

I've tried many different voltages, but i haven't tried going lower than 1.5. Anything higher than 1.5 just immediately crashes my pc