Based off your guys past experiences, should I get the Aeons barely used for about 100USD less?

applesuxD
Go to solution Solved by Spuriae,

https://www.mrspeakers.com/terms-conditions/

The warranty is transferable if the original was bought from a local dealer. Warranty should be calculated as two years from the date on the purchase receipt. Purchase receipt is all you need to get an upgrade should one become available.

Normally I'd look to save more than $100 on used headphones, but the Aeon is new enough that any used stuff should be in good condition. I think it's worth buying used if above warranty stuff is valid and the headphones are in good shape.

A guy's selling used Aeons w/ 8 months warranty left for about 700USD, which is about 100USD less than the Aeons for new.

But the Aeons now have a 2 year warranty (i think they updated it from 1)

So based off your guys previous experiences with buying headphones, should I get a used one? All the time I've been getting new headphones but is it worth saving a hundred? Or nah

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Don't most warranty state that the warranty only applies to the ORIGINAL  owner? Wouldn't you need a proof of purchase if you were going to make a warranty claim? 

Just now, Lazaro said:

Don't most warranty state that the warranty only applies to the ORIGINAL  owner? Wouldn't you need a proof of purchase if you were going to make a warranty claim? 

I'm not very sure about that. I had a used graphics card undergo warranty before but I had the receipt given. So i'd assume its only when you have the actual receipt that it's fine?

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

The warranty is transferable if the original was bought from a local dealer. Warranty should be calculated as two years from the date on the purchase receipt. Purchase receipt is all you need to get an upgrade should one become available.

Normally I'd look to save more than $100 on used headphones, but the Aeon is new enough that any used stuff should be in good condition. I think it's worth buying used if above warranty stuff is valid and the headphones are in good shape.

15 hours ago, Nimrodor said:

Stated from the site:

Warranty is void and is non-transferable for products that are shipped as “Gray Market” (e.g. international customers purchasing from US resellers and shipping to a friend or freight-forwarder for export).

Does this mean i can't get it used?

nvm it says this: The warranty is transferable, provided there is documentation of the original purchase