HP Envy x360 with AMD Ryzen & VEGA M graphics

NumLock21
4 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Such a shame.  To get soo much right with having a numberpad, only to poison the keyboard with those ungodly up & down half keys :/

They want you to lean slightly to the left. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

m graphics?

pfff! get on nvidia's level: full desktop chip or gtfo

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I heard that the Ryzen 2500U is on par with those Kaby Lake R chips like 8250U and 8550U in terms of performance

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

2 GHz base clock?Wat @_@

It usually runs at turbo speed so base clock basically means nothing

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Where are those Nvidia integrated graphics chips you speak of?

integrated? who the hell wants that crap when you can get better in the form of MX

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

17 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

It usually runs at turbo speed so base clock basically means nothing

So why do they put the base clock so low?Boost clock isn't guaranteed, base clock is.

Just now, MyName13 said:

So why do they put the base clock so low?Boost clock isn't guaranteed, base clock is.

Boost clock is usually guaranteed unless the PC has problems like bad cooling that cause overheating, cooling system cannot sustain heavy load, TDP limitation, BIOS locking the clock speed at certain temperature etc

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

m graphics?

pfff! get on nvidia's level: full desktop chip or gtfo

you know this is about APU's, as in on die graphics. the best thing Nvida has made is the Tegra line.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Still waiting for regular sized laptops(14 or 15") with regular cpus with more than 8 threads, like a 6/12 ryzen or coffee lake.....I have to run a lot of VMs on the go...

2 minutes ago, TigerHawk said:

Still waiting for regular sized laptops(14 or 15") with regular cpus with more than 8 threads, like a 6/12 ryzen or coffee lake.....I have to run a lot of VMs on the go...

well their is this but it is 17"

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL702ZC/specifications/

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

52 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

how would you prefer to have it?

a small shift key with a full up and down?

I could go for that, but better IMO would be half size for the left and right as well with small unpopulated spaces above those keys.  May sound contrary, but if you're not looking at your KB having spots like that help ya find hand placement/accuracy so we can just motor along.

Also does a good job of letting your thumb know how far off base it is from the super popular "NUMPAD0" key, so when you're going into numbers mode the hand finds its place on the numpad lickadee split.

Mixing the sizes for the arrow keys is just wrong either way.

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

hence regular sized. I use it for work, not for gaming. Just give me a damn 6 or 8 core cpu with 12 or 16 threads in a regular sized laptop and integrated graphics or someshit. No one makes such a thing. you either get a proper quad core i7 with 8 threads and a gaming GPU or quadro that I have absolutely no need for.

10 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

you know this is about APU's, as in on die graphics. the best thing Nvida has made is the Tegra line.

bleah, even worse

3 hours ago, Ashiella said:
Spoiler

Thats okay, i took a screenshot.

IMG_0150.PNG

I just noticed your tabs. So what are you trying to do? xD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

I just noticed your tabs. So what are you trying to do? xD

I was waiting for that to happen. Rob a mexican bank, hop over the border, be legal because im white, then move to canada obviously.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

16 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

I was waiting for that to happen. Rob a mexican bank, hop over the border, be legal because im white, then move to canada obviously.

You're the only person I know that is willing to face one of the more corrupt jail systems, if not be brutally murdered, just to rob enough money to almost afford a McDonalds dollar menu item.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Single channel RAM

The thing is, that graphic shows up to 16GB of RAM, which means it supports 2 x 8GB sticks.  So you buy the 8GB base model, then upgrade the RAM yourself to save some money.  It may require some more work (depending on how easily you can access the RAM slots on this model), but it would be preferable to getting 2 x 4GB, then having to remove one or both of them if you wanted to upgrade later.

7 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

Ryzen APUs for desktop

7 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Ryzen? Not yet, but Bristol Ridge are out and they have been updated to use AM4.

I have a feeling that those should be coming fairly soon as I've seen an article or two floating around about AMD AGESA 1.0.0.7 is currently in the works and includes a major revision as well as preparing to support for Raven Ridge APUs.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-preps-agesa-1-7-firmware-to-support-raven-ridge-apus.html

OT: It'll be nice to see some AMD laptops supporting integrated graphics as a potential option to help decrease laptop prices, especially if they perform as well as some of the leaks say, but will have to wait until after release to see how good they are and how the thermals work out...

10 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

But Bristol Ridge is irrelevant because the integrated graphics on them are Radeon R5 and R7, not anywhere near Vega

Its also irrelevant as 10 years ago the CPU side of things would still be mediocre.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Very nice. Something like this is very appealing and will be a good more budget machine.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |