Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How LTT and CS:GO changed my life

Hi
I am writing this post to thank everybody from LMG and whole community that creates it. After over a year of daily watching every new and past episode I decided to quit studying some crap university and focus on IT. I knew I don't want to be a programist, I've always admired work of admins, keeping everything working and doing a lot of background work that no one's care about but is a must for every application. I've been searching for 3 months a place that would take me for some paid intership, no one called me back, as I didn't have any documented experience, I helped ten's of friends with repairing their pc's and setting some small servers for games and etc. When I was about to give up I flashed on that 4+ years ago as a teen I played a lot of CS GO with a guy from IT from my city, I emailed him and he agreed to pass my CV to admin division in his company. They called me back and gave me a chance. They saw my commitment and after a trial period gave me an offer to stay as a junior admin. I started weekend IT college and I am working my dream job in one of the biggest finance company in Poland. Everything I just wrote happened because of LTT and CS:GO. Don't bother following worthless path of others and follow YOUR passions and if you try hard enough achieve everything you dream about !

THANKS TO LINUS, LUKE AND WHOLE LMG, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.

I can answer questions if you have some :)

Wojtek from Poland

k4tdn88sltNVNL-xalFNU1Dhs1rHKpGGxDzfPEPYGaFNnkFpYMsPUeBa9zO3MARpWU2zBZwgekf8Isxs

Wow, kudos to you for doing all of that and the amount of dedication that you have. :)

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

6 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

Hi
I am writing this post to thank everybody from LMG and whole community that creates it. After over a year of daily watching every new and past episode I decided to quit studying some crap university and focus on IT. I knew I don't want to be a programist, I've always admired work of admins, keeping everything working and doing a lot of background work that no one's care about but is a must for every application. I've been searching for 3 months a place that would take me for some paid intership, no one called me back, as I didn't have any documented experience, I helped ten's of friends with repairing their pc's and setting some small servers for games and etc. When I was about to give up I flashed on that 4+ years ago as a teen I played a lot of CS GO with a guy from IT from my city, I emailed him and he agreed to pass my CV to admin division in his company. They called me back and gave me a chance. They saw my commitment and after a trial period gave me an offer to stay as a junior admin. I started weekend IT college and I am working my dream job in one of the biggest finance company in Poland. Everything I just wrote happened because of LTT and CS:GO. Don't bother following worthless path of others and follow YOUR passions and if you try hard enough achieve everything you dream about !

THANKS TO LINUS, LUKE AND WHOLE LMG, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.

I can answer questions if you have some :)

Wojtek from Poland

Good job.

I kinda still recommand to not leave school tho, but glad it turned well for you

Edited by Morgan MLGman
Removed pictures from the quote

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

How's poland?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Congrats my fellow compatriot! Your work is pretty similar to what I do as well ^_^ 

Just now, Ashiella said:

How's poland?

Crap...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3800MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, gbergeron said:

Good job.

I kinda still recommand to not leave school tho, but glad it turned well for you

in Poland if you want to work&study you go to weekend college, its really common here. My company even prefers this kind of studying, as they base their work force on catching young talents on the begining, just after high school

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Congrats my fellow compatriot! Your work is pretty similar to what I do as well ^_^ 

Crap...

Crap?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

Crap?

Oh trust me ^_^ I mean, depends what you're asking about in particular but in general it's just crap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3800MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Oh trust me ^_^ I mean, depends what you're asking about in particular but in general it's just crap.

So youre saying go to finnland

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

So youre saying go to finnland

Oh definitely, I mean the only good thing about Poland recently is that it doesn't have nearly as many illegal refugees as other Western/Central European countries so you're a lot safer here from terrorist attacks :P

I think it really depends, I dont want to leave my country ever, I live in really nice city, I have acces to everything I want, but I have a feeling that being a fast developing country as Poland is, I can achieve a lot by hard and smart working 

Wow that actually turned out good for you. Good job man, keep up the dedication. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

I post shit memes here and this guys just changed his life on here, well shit.

Congrats bro hope it works out well for you.

HS senior, Bagger Boi at local Kroger, semi professional Viber, & leader of your local veggie cult

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

On 16.10.2017 at 7:17 PM, Eduard the weeb said:

I post shit memes here and this guys just changed his life on here, well shit.

Congrats bro hope it works out well for you.

i was doing same stuff, i was lazy, sitting in home for days, untill one week came and everything changed, don't worry, you will find your way :)