I've like 850-900 bucks at hand right now what should i do ?

adham.

So as the title says ...

I'm pretty torn apart from  upgrading my PC *getting new GPU and a better case and a new PSU* or actually buying a PS4 and slowly upgrade my PC ?
What do you guys think should i upgrade my PC massively or upgrade it slightly and buy a PS4 ? 
My main PC now is pretty good with a 970 and an i5 which if i upgraded the whole pc will most likely upgrade as well !

I'm really thinking about a PS4. It's super cheap right now but will cut out of my upgrade budget.

3 minutes ago, misterman said:

slowly upgrade

Is there is a kinda agree button ? :P 

Just now, DarkMatterX1 said:

The only worthwhile investment - 

HOOKERS & BLOW

Will .....em put into consideration.

Never been a fan of the consoles myself, so i would upgrade the PC. How much are you realistically going to use the PS4? Is there any concole only titles you want to play? 

On the other hand, how demanding are the titles you're playing on the PC? Upgrading the GPU for games like LoL wouldn't make much sense.

Something.

not trying to PC Master race circle-jerk, but unless there are specific games you want or you have friends on PS4 why do you want one?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

17 minutes ago, adham. said:

So as the title says ...

I'm pretty torn apart from  upgrading my PC *getting new GPU and a better case and a new PSU* or actually buying a PS4 and slowly upgrade my PC ?
What do you guys think should i upgrade my PC massively or upgrade it slightly and buy a PS4 ? 
My main PC now is pretty good with a 970 and an i5 which if i upgraded the whole pc will most likely upgrade as well !

I'm really thinking about a PS4. It's super cheap right now but will cut out of my upgrade budget.

what Monitor do you have ? 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

1 minute ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

what Monitor do you have ? 

No sarcasm, but did you even read the post?
If yes , well i don't know how is this going to answer my inquiry but..
(1) 1080p 144hz and (1) 720P for unofficial use :P

Just now, adham. said:

No sarcasm, but did you even read the post?
If yes , well i don't know how is this going to answer my inquiry but..
(1) 1080p 144hz and (1) 720P for unofficial use :P

I 100% read the post the quoted it, The reason being is to try and determine your GPU needs  *getting new GPU and a better case and a new PSU* is what you wrote so by knowing your Monitor Resolution and Hz rate it gives a better picture as to your needs. 

Personally i would think about a new GPU, Perhaps sell the 970 and replace with 1070 ? 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

Personally, I'd invest some of that into bitcoin or something, but between the two options you've narrowed down to, I would choose the latter.

I assume there's a PS4 exclusive that you want, or perhaps have a friend group that's primarily on PS4, which would justify the cost in my mind. Also, I would avoid upgrading right now, seeing as there's still a NAND shortage, and GPUs prices have only recently started to return to normal. Of course, we're also getting close to Black Friday, so SSD/GPU prices might be reasonable by then.

5 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Exact specs?

I5 4460 @ stock *Like i have an option*
GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 model 
16 gigs of DDR3 
Msi Z97 Gaming 5 (LOL got it to overclock but my budget did a brain fart and didn't let me buy a K model)
Seasonic powersupply that is 700W *Overkill i know*
NZXT s340 black

3 minutes ago, kennethnakasone said:

Personally, I'd invest some of that into bitcoin or something, but between the two options you've narrowed down to, I would choose the latter.

I assume there's a PS4 exclusive that you want, or perhaps have a friend group that's primarily on PS4, which would justify the cost in my mind. Also, I would avoid upgrading right now, seeing as there's still a NAND shortage, and GPUs prices have only recently started to return to normal. Of course, we're also getting close to Black Friday, so SSD/GPU prices might be reasonable by then.

Sadly i thought about bitcoin before.
But my religion is sceptical about it. *islam*
So it's a no no for me.

P.S :i know i shouldn't be talking about religions but i just wanted to explain. I respect all human beings and i'm not starting a flame war ffs :P 

And yes i'm drooling over PS exclusives. 
Such good games. Sadly no PC ports so that's that.

Buy ALLOT of rope, and make ALLOT of nooses.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, Ashiella said:

Buy ALLOT of rope, and make ALLOT of nooses.

Aha.
Got that.
Lovely advice thank you.

5 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

U could give it to me.. :P 

Only buy PS4 if u want to play their exclusives and no offense ps4 games gonna cost a lot more than steam..

But we are close to black friday so i'll just gonna wait who knows u might able buy some awesome stuff..if u can wait.

Yes , PS4 games in Egypt cost more than 50% of their orignal price.
I've totally forgoten about black friday thanks man

6 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

U could give it to me.. :P 

I don't ship overseas because i did once and the guy screwed me and now i don't.
You won't i'm sure but it's just me having an unpleasant experience doing it.

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

Mind explaining it?

Islam is taking it into the gambling area i don't know how but it's all about how you could lose and win at the same time which in Islam is considered gambling.
And gambling is in Islam officially HARAM.
Tn tn taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3 minutes ago, adham. said:

Islam is taking it into the gambling area i don't know how but it's all about how you could lose and win at the same time which in Islam is considered gambling.
And gambling is in Islam officially HARAM.
Tn tn taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-bitcoin-halal-how-cryptocurrency-conforms-with-islam-and-sharia

“As a payment network, Bitcoin is halal. In fact, Bitcoin goes beyond what more conventional closed banking networks offer. Unlike conventional bank networks which use private ledgers where there's no guarantee that the originator actually owns the underlying assets, Bitcoin guarantees with mathematical certainty that the originator of the transfer owns the underlying assets. Conventional banks operate using the principle of fractional reserve, which is prohibited in Islam.”

its actually more Acceptable within Islam than Modern Banks (unless you use a Sharia Account) 

Hopefully that article might shed some light for anyone wishing to find out more about it (was news to me only looked it up just now out of curiosity) 

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

“As a payment network, Bitcoin is halal. In fact, Bitcoin goes beyond what more conventional closed banking networks offer. Unlike conventional bank networks which use private ledgers where there's no guarantee that the originator actually owns the underlying assets, Bitcoin guarantees with mathematical certainty that the originator of the transfer owns the underlying assets. Conventional banks operate using the principle of fractional reserve, which is prohibited in Islam.”

its actually more Acceptable within Islam than Modern Banks (unless you use a Sharia Account) 

I've read this post actually before.
Yes, this says it's Halal.
But there are countless people saying it's maybe-Haram.
And they say it's like gambling.
I didn't say bitcoin itself is. it just may be.

1 minute ago, adham. said:

I've read this post actually before.
Yes, this says it's Halal.
But there are countless people saying it's maybe-Haram.
And they say it's like gambling.
I didn't say bitcoin itself is. it just may be.

I have more to add but it will come accross as "flame war" esque and will avoid it and do not wish to offend. 

I will say that all currency is Haram for those that follow the Sharia. 

Chicken Nuggets

3 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-bitcoin-halal-how-cryptocurrency-conforms-with-islam-and-sharia

Hopefully that article might shed some light for anyone wishing to find out more about it (was news to me only looked it up just now out of curiosity) 

Maybe actually. 
Well i hope so. Because bitcoin seems to be pretty profitable. 
It just needs more of a detalied look.

Just now, adham. said:

Maybe actually. 
Well i hope so. Because bitcoin seems to be pretty profitable. 
It just needs more of a detalied look.

I 100% see your point and predicament. Its something that some of us never need to consider but its very interesting and complex !

Chicken Nuggets