Cheap DAP Just for spotify?

applesuxD

Or is there any way to Legally download spotify music onto a dumbphone to use with my In ears?

My ADHD(no kidding ;-;) and flat out addiction to surfing the web is detrimental to my studies and I just got a dumbphone, ZTE f327s to cope with it. And it has big storage :P

But I can't leave my music when im travelling from places to places :'(

So any cheap DAP? As long as its good enough to run spotify at their highest bitrate.

I use audio technica IM02 so I don't need anything fancy and i likely will only use good headphones at home.

I've looked through The Mighty but it seems to have issues updating songs :(

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Anyone? :'(

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

2 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

the answer is to probably just buy a phone which can run spotify.

Yes, get an LG V30

7 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

the answer is to probably just buy a phone which can run spotify.

5 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes, get an LG V30

Hmm I do? Its more or less my problem with overuing everything else on the phone that i can't do anything productive..

Did you guys read my post :'(

12 hours ago, applesuxD said:

Or is there any way to Legally download spotify music onto a dumbphone to use with my In ears?

My ADHD(no kidding ;-;) and flat out addiction to surfing the web is detrimental to my studies and I just got a dumbphone, ZTE f327s to cope with it. And it has big storage :P

But I can't leave my music when im travelling from places to places :'(

So any cheap DAP? As long as its good enough to run spotify at their highest bitrate.

I use audio technica IM02 so I don't need anything fancy and i likely will only use good headphones at home.

I've looked through The Mighty but it seems to have issues updating songs :(

Ive realized now that your just trying to get around the fact you dont want to pay for spotify. Pay the monthly subscription for premium you can download playlists, songs you favorite.

1 hour ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Ive realized now that your just trying to get around the fact you dont want to pay for spotify. Pay the monthly subscription for premium you can download playlists, songs you favorite.

already have the premium. If i wanna pirate anything I'll ask reddit, why ask this forum?

Heck, pm me your email and I'll show you my account. whats wrong with you?

6 hours ago, applesuxD said:

already have the premium. If i wanna pirate anything I'll ask reddit, why ask this forum?

Heck, pm me your email and I'll show you my account. whats wrong with you?

So whats the problem then? You know the answer to your own problem.

2 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

I've stated it. I just want a player that can run spotify but isn't a phone that can distract me with access to anything else that isn't music eg: youtube, facebook or whatsapp or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

The problem with "the mighty" is that it doesn't have a shuffle feature as of yet. hence im asking the question to see if there are any alternatives.

1 minute ago, applesuxD said:

I've stated it. I just want a player that can run spotify but isn't a phone that can distract me with access to anything else that isn't music eg: youtube, facebook or whatsapp or whatever.

And that player could literally be just a player and I just want it to run spotify because i use spotify all the time -_-

4 hours ago, applesuxD said:

And that player could literally be just a player and I just want it to run spotify because i use spotify all the time -_-

the answer is a cheap android phone which either has a large on board storage or a SD slot and have some self control.

2 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

the answer is a cheap android phone which either has a large on board storage or a SD slot and have some self control.

" have some self control " 

Just tell a depressed person to smile and all their suicidal thoughts will go away

4 hours ago, applesuxD said:

Just tell a depressed person to smile and all their suicidal thoughts will go away

Its hardly the same, Im saying have some control and just turn off the 3g and the wifi on the phone
if your that obsessed just deactivate your account.

I'd looked around for a cheap DAP with Spotify and after a far from exhaustive search, there isn't such a thing as a cheap DAP with Spotify. Your ZTE supports mSD up to 64GB, so you'll have no choice but to load that storage with some MP3's/FLAC/WAV (assuming its built in audio player support these formats).

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

10 hours ago, applesuxD said:

He's giving you suggestions and you're just fucking him over. Why should he give you advice if you're not even gonna bother listening?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I think such device is going to be hard to find, I'm 99% sure it doesn't exist. There are two kinds of DAPs the ones that only play audio from files and the ones that allow streaming services, the problem is that those that allow streaming use Android. As you might know companies prefer to use a OS that just works and has access to all the apps instead of creating a new one that will involve a lot of work and won't have support from mayor streaming services. So trying to find something that supports Spotify and doesn't have Android is going to be kind of imposible unless you buy something from Apple which will have again all the apps available.

In this case you have two options: auto control or buy your music and load files to a dumb DAP.

7 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

He's giving you suggestions and you're just fucking him over. Why should he give you advice if you're not even gonna bother listening?

13 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Its hardly the same, Im saying have some control and just turn off the 3g and the wifi on the phone
if your that obsessed just deactivate your account.

Its very well easy to turn on the wifi and 3g again. And deactivating the account just means i don't get to listen to music on the go,which ruins the whole point.

And no im not ****ing with him. I think i made it pretty clear i already have a smartphone and don't want one anymore but still want spotify? And i did bother to explain myself like 3 times so no I don't see how im being a douche here.