how to clean my pc without air maybe ? or best way please?

WolfLoverPro

ok so ive been for around 1 year been well not fully cleaning my pc ive just been taking my case side panel and cleaning the fan of that it has a dust guard metal thing to catch first bits of dust and ive only been cleaning that ...

now reason i aint been cleaning is cuz for 1 if i even attempt to take out ANYYY WIRES OR SCREWS im basically saying why not mess up my pc i will just end up messing it up thats the first reason putting me off 2nd is i dont really wanna buy air its well not like omg expensive but it kinda is as it runs out so fast

so i want to know is there a way to clean my pc wihtout air maybe? and also without unscrewing my damn cpu and stuff i can take graphics card out im fine with that cuz it dont involve unscrewing and forggeting things but seriously i dont feel brave to unscrew stuff

Air is really the best way to do it.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

1 minute ago, Zomicron said:

Use a large makeup brush if you have one or if you have a shop vacuum that can blow air as well you could try that. One of the things I've done is borrow a friend's air compressor and basically got free compressed air. 

ive never really done a clean before so do i not have to take off the fan ontop of the cpu i just can take out my grapics card and then just blow compressed air into the fan of the graphics card and cpu then just blow more like over everything ?

your gpu should really be screwed in with a single screw. air is the best way, but it does not need to be in a can. a compressor at low pressure, or my favourite, a leaf blower will all work. just dont use a vacuum cleaner, as it creates ESD.

Just now, WolfLoverPro said:

ive never really done a clean before so do i not have to take off the fan ontop of the cpu i just can take out my grapics card and then just blow compressed air into the fan of the graphics card and cpu then just blow more like over everything ?

just open up the side panel and blow, thats it.

Easy:

Unplug the computer, Bring the computer to the garden, open the side panel and water hose the system with your garden hose. Or fill your tub with water and drop the PC inside.

Alternatively, you can stick the desktop computer in your washing machine and let it run a few cycles. Frabric softer might make your computer feels soft and fluffy.... or break everything... I forgot which one... but whatever... just details.

You might end up with a broken computer, washing machine, and data loss, but all those as mentioned are just details, clearly.

But your computer will sure be clean! :)

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Easy:

Unplug the computer, Bring the computer to the garden, open the side panel and water hose the system with your garden hose. Or fill your tub with water and drop the PC inside.

Alternatively, you can stick the desktop computer in your washing machine and let it run a few cycles. Frabric softer might make your computer feels soft and fluffy.... or break everything... I forgot which one... but whatever... just details.

You might end up with a broken computer, washing machine, and data loss, but all those as mentioned are just details, clearly.

But your computer will sure be clean! :)

naaah flamethrower is the way to go......you'll get that freshly charred look :D 

6 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

naaah flamethrower is the way to go......you'll get that freshly charred look :D 

Ooohhoho!!l Full on disinfection! That we are talking!

You could just bathe the entire system in sulfuric acid. That'd probably get it real clean.
edit: 1M should do the trick.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Mineral Oil dive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Canned air is kinda stupid because it's expensive for what it is and gets empty pretty fast. But, unless you wanna invest in something like a DataVac it's probably the best way. (If you have multiple systems to clean out regularly or dust builds up pretty fast in your case it might be worth thinking about though, saves you money in the long run.)

There's no need to take everything apart, just take off the side panels and depending on the case the front panel to gain access to the dust filters.

Clean it all out with canned air, make sure to hold the fans while cleaning them. If you have an air cooler there's a good chance that dust built up on the heat sink underneath the fan so I'd recommend taking off the fan (no need to unplug it) to clean the heat sink properly.

If you feel comfortable taking out the GPU, I would also recommend that. Will be easier to clean that way.

Buy a new computer, it'll be clean.

Really though compressed air is not expensive and it works, just go with it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Alternatively, you could get this (i have it and it works amazingly well)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J4ZOAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Ooohhoho!!l Full on disinfection! That we are talking!

What you talking about ? So u think water or flame thrower oh ... BUT I was thinking hydraulic press to crush the dust ? 

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Buy a new computer, it'll be clean.

Really though compressed air is not expensive and it works, just go with it.

£5 some even £8 what runs out in few seconds of holding down a button or whatever that's a lot for air what's FREE around