The LTT youtube channel has become alot worse

You guys don't get the right to decide how the channel works, it's up to Linus Taran, Dennis, Colton or whoever. Let them do it there way, im pretty sure they have over 5 mil subs for a reason. Stop with the dumb thumbnails too.

The geek himself.

16 hours ago, LAwLz said:

LTT made in depth reviews? I think you are getting them mixed up with some other channel.

I've always thought of LTT as being wide as an ocean, but deep as a puddle.

I like to saying where "LTT reviews is trailer of TTL review".

16 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Why would they pay us to do that?

Reverse psychology, man.

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I stopped watching shortly after the new thumbnails started debuting.

So... how can you comment on content after you stopped watching? Based on titles, I guess. You'd make great movie critic.

5 hours ago, D4RK said:

1- you are posting in the wrong place, this forum is full of fan boys who wont care about w/e u are going to say,u will end up wrong.

I would disagree. Forums have ton of people (including few mods) who critisize LMG time to time. For content, for ad placements, for sponsors etc. Or like me, for hosts, editors and so on.

In past I have been very critical about Brandon's work behind camera... when he started. He has become much better. I never liked Berkel, and am only sad that CSF had to die with he's parting. And I think Linus has bit wonky sense of how their content and working conditions should be displayed in vlogs.

4 hours ago, thedons1983 said:

Take TopGear for example.

Funny you to bring that up. I've used analogy that LTT is TopGear of tech Youtubers for long time now. Practically since they did first GTX Titan videos or other crazy builds.

3 hours ago, thedons1983 said:

Why are you still active on this forum then?

Being active here and being fan of content have become two quite different things. Why are people watching LMG stuff but aren't on forum?

@thedons1983, you give impression of LMG fanboy. Thats how your posting style looks, so nothing personal. I'm also quite active defender of many things about LMG and it has gotten me some active arguments with other members ( @LAwLz, @givingtnt and @dizmo from top of my head). While my thoughts and arguments differ from theirs, I do respect their opinion. Rather than aggressively shot their ideas and arguments down.

Though I've seen odd variety of LMG fanboys in my time here. Some think you should eat and breath LMG. And doing anything differently is heresy. My first encounter with such fanboy was when WAN show archives were made into podcasts and I happened to mention that I don't watch them on YT. Then there are fanboys that are all in with content, titles, thunmbnails and ads. But having "paywall" for content is deal breaker. And then there are those who think if you don't watch content, you aren't allowed to be or do anything remotely related to LMG.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Man all this fighting, if only there was a place, like a forum, that we could go to post solutions & suggestions instead of just arguing. That's unrealistic I'm too much of a dreamer.

"Oh, you don't say? Go ahead and die, then." Motoko Ghost in the Shell-SAC-2nd Gig Episode 1 

The greatest anime moment of all time.

6 minutes ago, Atropos said:

Man all this fighting, if only there was a place, like a forum, that we could go to post solutions & suggestions instead of just arguing. That's unrealistic I'm too much of a dreamer.

This has been pretty civil for the most part… 

And the good news is I’m getting a fair bit of valuable feedback.

But I would also back up your request for people to make sure they are adhering to the community guidelines and treating each other with respect. 

I don’t want to close this topic. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

*snip*

I vote this forum post of the year. xD 

Seriously though people. I doubt @LinusTech cares what you all think. Sure he might make a few more sensible videos to calm down a few people, but he has his style that works for him. When you have the same number of subscribers/as big of a Youtube company as he does, you're welcome to come back and criticize. 

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

28 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

This has been pretty civil for the most part… 

And the good news is I’m getting a fair bit of valuable feedback.

But I would also back up your request for people to make sure they are adhering to the community guidelines and treating each other with respect. 

I don’t want to close this topic. 

I know this isn't on topic but I've got a few questions about Floatplane.

What will the new price be after the pricing changes?

When is a dedicated Floatplane service (outside of LTT forums) coming (I realize you may not be able to answer this question) ?

Do you plan to have any launch partners with Floatplane's dedicated service. E.g. Do you plan to have another content creator make content for Floatplane?

Will there be Floatplane exclusive Series or shows funded by LMG/Floatplane Company exclusively for Floatplane?

And if you guys make a Floatplane app (I've heard it mentioned on one WAN Show) , what platforms do you plan on supporting?

Thanks.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So... how can you comment on content after you stopped watching? Based on titles, I guess. You'd make great movie critic.

I've mostly stopped watching them but I've watched 1-2 LMG video(s) within the last month and nothing seems to have really changed.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 10/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, Sierra Fox said:

i said this in one of the billion other threads about the same thing.

but get rid of all of the sexual innuendo jokes and i'd be happy 

Yes. Especially when you have parents and siblings running around everywhere, don't want them coming over at just the wrong time and getting a bad impression. Thus why I don't watch them at home around my sibs. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I for one actually like the memes. I've never gotten tired of it and don't think Linus should change anything. Sure it does get annoying, but I can look past a click bait title because at least there's information in the video. It's not like a BuzzFeed article where you have to click slide by slide til you get to the end.. In this case, you actually get to scroll through the video and find the information you need. Thats my two cents on it. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I like the way the channel has changed over the past few months. 

Guys, tech channels are all the same because there is only so much you could do/show with a piece of hardware. Bench CPU/GPUs, show off looks a of case, maybe run a water cooled test. All things that are done time and time again that in the end are generally the same. Benchmarks are same between channels, cooling performance is the same, cases look the same no matter the internals. Then on top of that slap on the lack of tech being released right now and trying to find material to cover that hasnt been covered to death. Its really hard to find something new to post.

I am glad Linus is the only channel thats separates themselves with corny jokes and outrageous builds. I have watched him since NCIX and his channel has evolved to the best of the bunch. 

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

I know this isn't on topic but I've got a few questions about Floatplane.

What will the new price be after the pricing changes?

When is a dedicated Floatplane service (outside of LTT forums) coming (I realize you may not be able to answer this question) ?

Do you plan to have any launch partners with Floatplane's dedicated service. E.g. Do you plan to have another content creator make content for Floatplane?

Will there be Floatplane exclusive Series or shows funded by LMG/Floatplane Company exclusively for Floatplane?

And if you guys make a Floatplane app (I've heard it mentioned on one WAN Show) , what platforms do you plan on supporting?

Thanks.

1. Price TBD. Likely higher, but not likely to be double.

2. Soon (tm)

3. Yes we are planning to have other creators on Floatplane at/near launch

4. It will be up to individual creators to decide if they want to do exclusive content on their channels. It won't be a site-wide subscription.

5. An app will definitely happen at some point. iOS and Android for sure.

Just now, LinusTech said:

k.

2. Soon (tm)

:P

Cool.

4. It will be up to individual creators to decide if they want to do exclusive content on their channels. It won't be a site-wide subscription.

Oh?

So it'll be a sub per channel basis like on Twitch? if it's over $5 USD per month per channel then that's gonna be quite pricey :(..

A Desktop app for Windows, Linux or Mac would be really appreciated especially since I'm doing more and more stuff on Linux :).

Thank You :).

Thread was mostly cleaned (might have missed a few things, if so please report).

The Community Standards is pretty clear about insulting others (we don't allow it in case you wonder). So please, keep this thread clean of any type of aggressive replies.

Remember the following when interacting with others and report any replies that might be violating the CS ;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

An App for Android would definitely be helpful, but do you think there may be a way to build something like a Plex channel as well?

11 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

2. Soon (tm)

Youtube just stopped their purchased subscription service (the only one I had subbed to was Bitwit Ultra) but it would be nice to see kyle there. I'm not a fan of patreon personally. Having more than one content creator is a HUGE incentive to buy my plane ticket *badum tiss*

My question though, would float-plane be like Netflix, a monthly subscription for all the content on there, or a per-creator subscription?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Also, as a response to the "You dont watch the videos, why are you here?" posts

AS much as Linus's name is slapped on the company, forum, and new video platform, that doesn't mean we either have to like everything under the L umbrella or have to hate it all. I guarantee for every forum user that doesnt watch the video, there's ten, a hundred, maybe a thousand people who love the videos and dont care for the forum. The forum and the videos are two different product of LMG. People who buy iPhones dont need to use Mac books. Windows 10 users dont have to use Edge. 

This place is a thriving habitat for technological discussion related to PC's (and many other sub threads in the off topic section) that if LMG were to suddenly go under, the Forum would stand on its own (I think, I dont think any of the admins are paid, everything is volunteered) and I'm happy to be a part of it personally even though I dont enjoy the video content nearly as much as I used to.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

My question though, would float-plane be like Netflix, a monthly subscription for all the content on there, or a per-creator subscription?

Linus said:

It won't be a site-wide subscription.

Well since Linus has been watching this thread I think I will try to give some constructive feedback:

I enjoy the videos that are more of Linus doing a cool project rather than Linus reading scripts for other LTT members projects. I think Linus himself needs to do something to free up some time to do his own project videos. We are still waiting for him to do part 2 of his office window project and the delidding/replacement with custom LTT Threadripper lid.

Also to give you an idea, maybe the next time you get like a nice product sponsorship bring it with you to a family or friends place and set it up. Kind of like you did with your neighbour. I liked that video, lets do something like that again.

4 hours ago, IKnight said:

I vote this forum post of the year. xD 

Seriously though people. I doubt @LinusTech cares what you all think. Sure he might make a few more sensible videos to calm down a few people, but he has his style that works for him. When you have the same number of subscribers/as big of a Youtube company as he does, you're welcome to come back and criticize. 

Linus doesn't care what my opinion is? Just wanting clarification.

My point isn't that LMG needs to make more "sensible" videos, they never have been. That's why we watched LTT in the first place, because Linus is a funny person to watch that generally knows what he's doing. It's all the meme-tasticness that needs to be toned down. LMG got big for a reason, don't stray too far from that y'know.

Just because I don't have a tech channel with several million subscribers does not mean I am unaware of what's going an and cannot provide feedback. I might actually know a thing or two.

36 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Linus doesn't care what my opinion is? Just wanting clarification.

My point isn't that LMG needs to make more "sensible" videos, they never have been. That's why we watched LTT in the first place, because Linus is a funny person to watch that generally knows what he's doing. It's all the meme-tasticness that needs to be toned down. LMG got big for a reason, don't stray too far from that y'know.

Just because I don't have a tech channel with several million subscribers does not mean I am unaware of what's going an and cannot provide feedback. I might actually know a thing or two.

No, that was directed to other people, not you. 

I agree with you. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, IKnight said:

No, that was directed to other people, not you. 

I agree with you. 

Ahh, it wasn't clear.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ahh, it wasn't clear.

My bad. 

I agree.  Most of their videos now are either bullshit gimmick videos like the 1920 by 1080 PC which was a disaster, or it's sponsored videos.  Every video has to have a joke about RGB, flashing memes, "Dank AF" or some other B.S.  Linus, you are nearing 40.  It's actually sad and really annoying.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1tb M.2 NVME BOOT DRIVE
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold 

18 minutes ago, nicolas2465 said:

Linus, you are nearing 40.

If 31 counts as nearing 40, then I feel old as fuck.