The LTT youtube channel has become alot worse

7 minutes ago, Atropos said:

Times change, businesses change, adapt or fall into obscurity. Would you have then making videos out of Linus's garage still? His audience has grown immensely & his business has to change to reflect that growth & new audience.

By self promotion, I assume you mean advertise his business? I can't think of a single reason a business would ever want to advertise itself...

Bottom line is, regardless of what you are discussing, be it a product, brand, or a tech YouTube channel. If you dislike the direction that company is going, stop supporting that company. Stop buying their products, or consuming their content.

I understand you have love for the channel, otherwise you wouldn't have said anything. I don't like all of the new things the channel has done either. I do however, understand why they do them. I also understand things will never be the way they used to be & that's okay.

We actually DO appreciate the feedback. We don't want people to just "stop watching" if they don't like what we're doing.

The challenge lately has just been that a lot of the feedback is conflicting :(

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Sadly, it seems like a lot of people watch LTT to learn things. Just a few posts before yours someone said almost everything they know about computers comes from LTT.

its a great place to start with techquicky and the old builds, thats sortof where i started, but their new content isnt really something to base your knowlage off. the new builds i cant say i feel are as good, but i havent gone back and looked to be honest, i have no interest in watching someone build a compute when i can do it just as well or better myself. 

Either way if you want to learn things about computers they are not a chanel i would recomend to anyone that knows what the components are called or more, but they are pretty decent at produceing entertainment if you cant handle looking at charts or just cant stand Steves majestic hair

Spoiler

Bildresultat för gamers nexus steve

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We actually DO appreciate the feedback. We don't want people to just "stop watching" if they don't like what we're doing.

Yes, that's a big challenge.  I remember a few weeks ago when John Hosted a FAP for the impossible burger. There were people saying it wasn't "tech" and shouldn't have been made. I disagreed as said any tech should be able to have a FAP not just limited to computers which is what they were implying.

10 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Well, time for a confession.

I stopped watching LTT videos daily a long time ago. I rarely ever watch a LTT video anymore. If you plotted a graph of how many LTT videos I've watched over time then you'd see it decreasing pretty drastically. I can't remember the last time I watched a non WAN Show LTT upload on YouTube.

A) The clickbait thumbnails and titles are disgusting

B) The content is just too silly with too many bad jokes

C) It's just not as informative as I'd like it to be

D) Production Quality has taken a nose dive somewhat recently.

This feedback might not help much because you've probably got 2 main types of people watching your main channel A) People looking for entertainment and B) People looking for informative content with opinions etc.

Catering to both at the same time is practically impossible so in the end you just need to decide who you want to cater to with this channel and possibly make another channel catering to the other audience.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

It makes it hard to listen when you have so many saying so much. You have a recipe that works well, just don't add too much salt & hold the side of memes.

"Oh, you don't say? Go ahead and die, then." Motoko Ghost in the Shell-SAC-2nd Gig Episode 1 

The greatest anime moment of all time.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I stopped watching LTT videos daily a long time ago. I rarely ever watch a LTT video anymore. If you plotted a graph of how many LTT videos I've watched over time then you'd see it decreasing pretty drastically. I can't remember the last time I watched a non WAN Show LTT upload on YouTube.

This feedback might not help much because you've probably got 2 main types of people watching your main channel A) People looking for entertainment and B) People looking for informative content with opinions etc.

Catering to both at the same time is practically impossible so in the end you just need to decide who you want to cater to with this channel and possibly make another channel catering to the other audience.

This is tough to address for a couple reasons. 

Sure, you don’t like the thumbnails. 

But it by your own admission, you’re not watching the content, so where does the rest come from?

22 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Clickbait thumbnails & titles are totally irrelevant, the content of the video is what matters.

I can understand wanting the videos to be more informative, but how much more information do you want after specs, performance, & price?

Production quality is objectively the best it has ever been. Video structure, quality, sets, props, it's a far cry from Luke's shakey cam days, or a one handed unboxing.

Be specific about what you want changed, what extra information do you want to see, what style of title and thumbnail would you like, what's so bad about the production quality?

All I get from this is "Linus change, Linus bad" if you want to see change don't just complain about it, propose solutions & suggestions. 

"Oh, you don't say? Go ahead and die, then." Motoko Ghost in the Shell-SAC-2nd Gig Episode 1 

The greatest anime moment of all time.

20 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

hi This is tough to address for a couple reasons. 

Sure, you don’t like the thumbnails. 

But it by your own admission, you’re not watching the content, so where does the rest come from?

I stopped watching shortly after the new thumbnails started debuting.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I stopped watching shortly after the new thumbnails started debuting.

WTF Mate oh shitty thumbnails, I won't watch anymore but you still are in the forums???? Grow up, sub to the floatplane, and get a life. That's the most pathetic excuse I have seen yet, you don't like thumbnails so you have not seen any LTT TQ or CSF content, but you think you can comment on by one thumbnail.

47 minutes ago, Atropos said:

Clickbait thumbnails & titles are totally irrelevant, the content of the video is what matters.

If a thumbnail looks disgusting then I won't click on it.

I can understand wanting the videos to be more informative, but how much more information do you want after specs, performance, & price?

They tend to make quite a lot of mistakes (at least when I was watching) when it comes to specs.

I basically want less unnecessary videos like the "Anti RGB PC".

Production quality is objectively the best it has ever been.

Which is to say worse than other channels but still good enough for people to not to rage quite over it.

Be specific about what you want changed, what extra information do you want to see, what style of title and thumbnail would you like, what's so bad about the production quality?

An honest Title would be a start.

Here's a few examples:

"INTEL's Ryzen Killer - i7-8700K" should contain the word Review in the title and shouldn't come to a conclusion in the title.

If people aren't interested without manipulating the title then you're doing something wrong.

The thumbnails should be honest, not silly or stupid and should essentially show something which makes the video unique. It needs to be good enough looking that I actually want to watch the video.

19 minutes ago, Allycat said:

WTF Mate oh shitty thumbnails, I won't watch anymore but you still are in the forums???? Grow up, sub to the floatplane, and get a life.

What? if i see ugly thumbnails then I'm not going to click on them

19 minutes ago, Allycat said:

That's the most pathetic excuse I have seen yet, you don't like thumbnails so you have not seen any LTT TQ or CSF content, but you think you can comment on by one thumbnail.

I'm not an LTT Shill.  I'm being objective here. I'm not PRO or AGAINST LTT. I would be fine to watch their content again if the quality improved.

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

What? if i see ugly thumbnails then I'm not going to click on them

I'm not an LTT Shill.  I'm being objective here. I'm not PRO or AGAINST LTT. I would be fine to watch their content again if the quality improved.

Ok fine about the thumbnails it's your choice.

But if you haven't seen the latest content then how can you comment on it?????!!!!!??? (yes its clickbait TLDR) 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, v0nn_toaster said:

snip

1- you are posting in the wrong place, this forum is full of fan boys who wont care about w/e u are going to say,u will end up wrong.

2- you know how Pewdiepie is just a big gaming channel that put none sense pretty much, and uses w/e method to get more views, LTT is the same but in tech department.

now if pewdiepie didnt do what he is doing, some 1 else will be doing that and getting the easy money, so same point goes for LTT if they arent doing what they are right now, some 1 else will and who ever that is, most likely will end up beating LTT in views in the long run. so the real problem is the people and not LTT, people now a days dont get the concept of wasting time on stupid videos, all u are doing is just making some 1 else a bit richer than u are while u are watching their stupid videos.

so in the end, LTT wont change till the ppl change, and if the people do change, i am sure LTT will meet w/e the people need by then.

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Sometimes, I think the trick is to absolutely ignore what people have to say. Even if it is said in good faith. The phrase, a camel is a horse designed by a committee definitely holds true. People are, of course, entitled to their own opinion, but it doesn't make their opinion necessarily correct or even valid.

Take TopGear for example. One of the biggest shows that has ever existed, was for the first twenty odd years of it's life, a show that almost no-one watched. It was, for the most part, very technical, very detailed, and ultimately rather dry. I did watch it avidly, because I love cars, but the general public could not have cared less, and it certainly wasn't a show that was marketable to other markets in other countries either. Then "new" TopGear came along and the show suddenly became far more about entertainment and far less about detail and information. I, and many other dedicated viewers, baulked at that at first, and were extremely critical of the new direction at the time, but you absolutely cannot argue against the fact that they were ultimately right to move in that direction. Suddenly, everyone was watching TopGear. All demographics now starting watching and the show just exploded (thanks in part to things like BBC America and the advent of video streaming as well of course), and was, before Clarkson et al left at least, the biggest, most watched, and most profitable programme that the BBC has ever produced. And I continued to watch every single episode that they put out moreover, despite my initial misgivings. I now watch The Grand Tour, and the new new TopGear (the second season was pretty good to be fair), and can only say that whoever had the idea to move a show about cars from being about simple car reviews and car news, to a show about entertaining stories about cars, was a genius. That is how you make content that people want to watch.

To bring it back to LMG, the first LTT video I remember watching was the video about Linus leaving his laptop in the rain. That got me hooked. Not only was it about technology, which I love, but it was also informative, funny, and took the viewer on a journey. It was personal, it was true to life, it had a surprising end, and was simply extremely watchable. The videos I have personally enjoyed the most since then have been, anything that has involved a personal story (EG, the home theater cooling video, where Linus and his son installed some fans in his TV cabinet), the same sort of videos about LMG (EG, the office move, whole room water cooling, all of the VLOGs basically), the videos where there is no real information at all necessarily but the video is just entertaining to watch (EG, Plasti Dipping a whole PC, the RGB-est build), and then finally some of the serial videos (EG, handytech under a $100).

To sum up, LMG in my opinion, should just trust their own judgement. The company is where it is because they make content that people want to watch. Don't overthink it. I might have discovered LMG on the basis of searching for information, but I stayed, for the people and the entertainment.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

The definition of "subjective" is:

"influenced by or based on personal beliefs or feelings, rather than based on facts"

The defintion of "objective" is:

"based on real facts and not influenced by personal beliefs or feelings"

You are absolutely not being objective, when you are giving your personal opinion on something... I honestly don't think that you understand what the difference between subjective and objective is, if you can say something as incorrect as that. And for that reason, I regard your opinion as worthless. Which, for the record, is a subjective and not an objective opinion.

2 hours ago, Atropos said:

I'm not him but I'll give you my two cents.

Thumbnail and titles matters a lot to me. I unsubbed from LTT shortly after the thumbnails changed.

I had already gone from watching ~5 videos a week to maybe 1 or 2 a week. Once the thumbnails changed and I started honestly being embarrassed if someone saw my subscription feed full of Linus making silly faces as if to appeal to toddlers, that was the last straw.

As for the titles, having uninformative and non-descriptive titles just makes it harder to look up specific videos. If I want to find a video about a specific product then it's nice to have the product name in the title, not "this dock fixes our 2000 dollar macbook!" or whatever clickbait titles they use.

I can't comment on the more recent videos, but LTT usually didn't include much more info than what you could find on the back of the box. If you think that is all there is to a product then you are in for a big surprise if you ever read an actual in-depth review.

Production quality is objectively the best it has ever been. Video structure, quality, sets, props, it's a far cry from Luke's shakey cam days, or a one handed unboxing.

It's not hard to be "the best it has ever been" when you compare it to a one handed unboxing video...

I find the constant barrage of "lul such epic meme" in the videos really annoying though. Far more annoying than some shaky camera work.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I unsubbed from LTT shortly after the thumbnails changed.

Why are you still active on this forum then? That is a serious question by the way. To me, if I have no respect for something, and you clearly have no respect for LMG and the work that they do, then it would be completely anathema to me to remain an active participant in anything that they do. I simply don't understand why you are even here, if you don't like the work that is done by the people which created and run this website.

Crap thumbnails would not be a thing by the way, if the team responsible for YouTube weren't so utterly incompetent. The site is a mess, and for a content creator to maximise their revenue, they have no choice but to play the stupid YT game. That includes "clickbait" thumbnails, "clickbait" captions, editing tricks, etc, etc. YT is ultimately run for the benefit of Google and no-one else. That's fair enough, they own it after all, but it does mean that content creators are left out in the cold, left to the prey of the wolves.

Will YT exist in 50 years time? It's pretty unlikely. Something bigger and better will come along and it will be left to rot... Hey, it might even be replaced by Google (or ABC or whatever they are called these days) themselves, so this is all transient anyway.

Honestly the biggest problem with listening to your average viewer, is that your average viewer has absolutely no vision, and absolutely no concept of the big picture. That applies especially, in terms of creating video content or running a business. If the average viewer actually did have any comprehension of how to create content that people would want to watch or how to run a successful media company, then they would be out there producing their own content and running their own company, rather than moaning on a forum or YT comment section.

1 hour ago, thedons1983 said:

The definition of "subjective" is:

"influenced by or based on personal beliefs or feelings, rather than based on facts"

The defintion of "objective" is:

"based on real facts and not influenced by personal beliefs or feelings"

You are absolutely not being objective, when you are giving your personal opinion on something... I honestly don't think that you understand what the difference between subjective and objective is, if you can say something as incorrect as that. And for that reason, I regard your opinion as worthless. Which, for the record, is a subjective and not an objective opinion.

Calm down buddy. An opinion can be objective if it is based on facts. Being hyper-literal while insulting someone is only going to lead to an early demise here. I've seen your posts recently, including the one where you felt the need to double down on your "pro LTT" post by turning it into an actual thread. You are coming off as someone who disagrees with constructive criticism, especially when you say things along the lines of:

2 hours ago, thedons1983 said:

Sometimes, I think the trick is to absolutely ignore what people have to say. Even if it is said in good faith.

While I understand you used the word "sometimes", you also end that very same post with:

To sum up, LMG in my opinion, should just trust their own judgement.

Sometimes, it helps to have something viewed in a different light. From the outside looking in, if you will. Companies who market things towards consumers (and make no mistake, viewers are consumers), must take into consideration what the consumers want. That is not to say that they should blindly trust their opinions, but if a consumer presents evidence for their claims, it should at least warrant a consideration. You tend to get the vocal minority that believes themselves to be capable of speaking for the audience as a whole, that often think they are right because others agree with them, but very rarely will someone that has no problem with something, feel the inclination to actually comment about it. So you tend to only see negative feedback, reinforcing the notion that something is a "problem". That is one of the few moments where one should deem the claims invalid, as the vast majority might not agree with the vocal minority.

If you would like an example of an objective opinion of mine that is often ignored, look no further than my criticism of @LinusTech's memory speed videos. His testing methodology was flawed in nearly every video, and he neglects to go back to remedy his claims that "Faster memory does not matter for gamers" when it does, to a very noticeable degree. I've posted countless proof in multiple sub-sections of this forum, and have yet to see a video or even a post showing that they are considering it as a valid claim to test, despite my overwhelming evidence. It would even make for a great "The Workshop" episode for @Slick to actually have one that turns out to be true, instead of always ending up to be false or anti-climactic. 

Ignoring critical feedback is what leads to stagnation, and that is when companies die. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for their brand, I would strongly recommend you do not crusade against others providing feedback just because you happen to disagree with them.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

14 hours ago, LinusTech said:

No, they did not.

It fascinates me that our transparency about our advertising partnerships leads people to assume that we're hiding something..

Equally fascinating is what some people seem to think would be acceptable in a paid/sponsored piece.. We're shitting on their naming scheme in this video. Why would they pay us to do that?

sorry I have seen Intel ads with you guys and that video was in a certain part of the ad so I assumed it was sponsored ( I can not find due to my school restricting YouTube but it was like " Core I7 the best or something and then jump cuts to you reviewing a laptop for MSI I believe talking about COre I7s I think it has been a while since I have seen the ad so I may not have down 100 percent. ) 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

sorry I have seen Intel ads with you guys and that video was in a certain part of the ad so I assumed it was sponsored ( I can not find due to my school restricting YouTube but it was like " Core I7 the best or something and then jump cuts to you reviewing a laptop for MSI I believe talking about COre I7s I think it has been a while since I have seen the ad so I may not have down 100 percent. ) 

That's more like Intel borrowing parts of LTT videos that they like. Hopefully not without compensation.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

That's more like Intel borrowing parts of LTT videos that they like. Hopefully not without compensation.

yeah sorry I just thought Intel paid for the video if they did that.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

GDI. I eanted to trigger a Canadian argument

I'm not Canadian, sorry.

To be on topic. Here's what seems to be a problem with videos coming from LMG that's at least apparent, other people have voiced concerns and I'll put it succinctly: Things are being too meme'd. No, not every thumbnail needs to look like it's a high schooler's Photoshop project. And no, you do not have to ham fist a joke in to every other line. And lastly, testing methodology has seemed to have gone down. Consistency across benchmarks with other reviewers is not always in line and the methodology itself could sometimes use some work so that there are no flaws. Anyone who feels so inclined to post an example, go for it. One of you cares more than I do, I'm just here to post an opinion.

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

Why are you still active on this forum then? That is a serious question by the way. To me, if I have no respect for something, and you clearly have no respect for LMG and the work that they do, then it would be completely anathema to me to remain an active participant in anything that they do. I simply don't understand why you are even here, if you don't like the work that is done by the people which created and run this website.

Why am I active on the forum? Because I still enjoy reading and post on here, despite not liking the videos they make.

No need to be so upset and angry towards me. I just don't like their videos anymore. If people find them entertaining (which a lot of people clearly do) then good on them. It is not my cup of tea though.

You are basically saying "Why do you want to see Star Wars episode 8 if you don't like The Phantom Menace action figures?". I don't have to enjoy every single thing someone or something puts out.

The world is not black and white, pal.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

As for the titles, having uninformative and non-descriptive titles just makes it harder to look up specific videos. If I want to find a video about a specific product then it's nice to have the product name in the title, not "this dock fixes our 2000 dollar macbook!" or whatever clickbait titles they use.

This is a BIG issue. I wanted to find a review of a specific monitor a few weeks ago, didn't find it because the name of the monitor wasn't in the title. So annoying! And i knew it had been reviewed! (i eventually found it but it didn't matter anymore at that point)

All of them are like "best gaming monitor ever!"

Same thing with laptops, all the titles are generic and i have no clue what laptop gets reviewed in what video, making them pointless.

This image explains it very clearly, 1-2 years ago, brand and model name in the title, amazing if you want to find reviews for that specific model.

Now, "5k display" "240Hz display" like WTF which one are you talking about?!

If we are lucky the model is in the beginning of the description so if you pay imo too much attention to it you might find it but still, that's not good enough.

Really annoying...

Spoiler

image.png.4c239163e5c935f9bc611b6f3b4f2ac1.png 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

ye fockin serious about thumbnails, give me a break

The geek himself.